Friday, April 2, 2010

It's been rather frustrating for a "relaxing day off". I lost some money - cash I had allocated out of my pay to cover "next week". It looks like $30 is going to have to stretch me until then. I have looked EVERYWHERE, can't find it. I have to assume God will allow me to find it when He's ready.

Then, Ron got a rather ominous call from a State Agency. They have questions for him... [cue ominous music]. Since I'm the only employee, and we're married, it's irrelevant. Like I told Ron, we aren't doing anything wrong, so we don't have anything to worry about.

Still, though, knowing someone has you in their crosshairs can make me a little twitchy! If you haven't figured out by now, it doesn't take much to make me twitchy. Agh.

But then I think about the excitement as I handed out Bibles at a restaurant and coffee shop. I handed out more on the paratransit - two to drivers and one to a fellow passenger. God. Is. Using. Me. He is absolutely, completely, using me. I'm right where he needs me.

Sometimes my life seems so pointless - why am I here? Then I consider things like the horrible tract I got yesterday - it just started with "You're a sinner" and went on to name-calling, plus I don't like the whole concept of the "fake money" tracts - I think it is a setup. I consider those tracts and the people who hand them out.

I look at what I'm handing out - a ziplock bag with candy, tracts about God's love and mercy, and a New Testament. He needs me doing this. He absolutely needs me.

I was wondering why I'm living this life, where I lose the cash money I have budgeted for "Myself" after I make my "God money" deposit - the irony. The fact that I'm still trying to figure out a "system". My house is messy and disorganized. Days like today, I needed a nap, and then I had nightmares during the nap.

I was sitting in my chair considering this and I felt God speak to me: "Heather, you're bringing a lot of people into My Kingdom." How wonderful.

So, I turn my problems over to God, trying to serve Him the best I can. I have completely given up searching, telling God "I know you'll send it to me when You're ready." I guess He wants to develop my faith.

I will add this, the house looks a lot better than it did this morning! I just hope I find the money and have a nice quiet day tomorrow.

I need more chocolates for driver candy!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Heather ~ I will pray that you find the money you lost! I hate when I do something like that. I know you work hard for your money and it's not growing on trees in Houston!! LOL

Please be careful and remind Ron too about answering personal questions over the phone! If you have caller ID and see the agency name, that's ok. People are C-R-A-Z-Y out there and will do anything. I would not want anything to happen to you, my friend!! {{HUGS}}

Heidi said...

I hate it when I loose money! but love it when it pops up as a surprise later!

hope you find it soon! Happy Easter Heather!

can you post your pumpkin pudding recipe again I lost it and can not find it on your blog

thanks!