Monday, April 5, 2010

Thanking God for the backpack.

Tonight I poured myself out to God like I'd empty a bucket of water. Please take all the bad feelings, Lord. Use THIS whole situation for Your glory. I did some Bible reading (some very relevant passages about God using trials to refine our faith and make it stronger), some prayer, etc. I even prayed as I cooked myself dinner, thanking God for the delicious pigs that went into the pork sausage I cooked up and served in tomato sauce. Yum. I really intend to focus on the good in my life, and for my old-time blog readers, PLEASING GOD. That's my job, no more, no less.

God doesn't want me to be a hater, and he'd rather I not be a whiner. He's got my back, and He's gonna carry me through the fire like He has my whole life. I've been through worse, and He had me. He certainly "has" me now.

I finished it all up (took a while), with the number "8" in my head, so I did up 8 more bags of driver candy. I love being able to hand it out (and I thanked God for using me like this, thanked Him for the candy, the freedom to hand it out, etc.), and on the few occasions I didn't listen to prompting about the proper AMOUNT, I ran out and that's the worst feeling ever.

Paul mentioned being eager and ready to preach the Gospel at all times, and I apply that to my driver candy, testimony (saying what God has done in my life), and the Gospel literature I carry in my bulging backpack.

I'll go thank God for the backpack now. No reason THAT should still be usable! Oh, and Thanks, Lord, for the strong back to carry it!

No comments: