Friday, April 9, 2010

Fire Truck Noises

I most likely have an "unhealthy" emotional relationship with my cat. He vomits in my bed, while I'm in it. I pet him and say soothing words. He brings dead rats into my home; or worse yet, live ones. I wait for him to finish it and then dispose of it, thanking him for "Making it dead". He wakes me up cursing at stray cats, staring in "our" window. I don't even pet him; just speaking soothingly until he calms down. I never object to the interrupted sleep, like I would if he were human.

If a human did that, I'd be enraged and not nearly as forgiving, but it's hard to stay angry at Bubba. He woke me up last night making Fire Truck noises at a stray cat, then he raced out the cat door to deliver his version of justice.

Today could have been pretty horrible. I rode with some very ignorant people, proudly discussing how they enable their adult, able-bodied children by allowing them to take groceries, and money. They don't want to force the work issue, because their adult children have them convinced they will leave and never have contact if Mom enforces any kind of work ethic and puts a stop to the endless handouts.

I was dying to say something along the lines of we're both disabled and we work, why can't your kids? We taxpayers are not interested in your disability check going to support Junior, who is 25 with three "Baby Mommas". That's ME. That's what I, Heather, would have said.

But the last time I rode with people like that I allowed them to upset and provoke me. I didn't say anything but my thoughts were boiling. I was upset for hours.

I decided to get smart this time: I prayed and asked God to put His love in my heart, His thoughts in my Head, and His Words in my mouth. It worked. I said nothing; even when the extremely nosy woman asked me the name of my street. Why do you want to know, I thought. So your useless child can come rob us? Instead, I just mumbled the street name. Then she asked if we were "On Housing". I said no, we bought it and left it at that.

I had another, very nosy person, later on but I'll tell you about that in a minute. So, I prayed. Ron was listening to music. It was one of those trips where the driver had to go though that really bad neighborhood I hate, picking several people, then dropping everyone else off with, I kid you not - Ron and I being dead last.

God put it in my head to read my Bible. So, I did that. Nosy wanted to ask another question, but stopped when she saw what I was doing. I wasn't making a big deal out of it, but it was obvious I was reading THE BOOK. I read the chapters in my "Through the Bible in a Year" plan, except for the Leviticus. I just did all the Old Testament Law Books in my OTHER book, and I couldn't stand to read them again.

After reading that I felt better, and put it up again. We picked up a nice older couple. He is very ill with diabetes and on dialysis. He has nerve disease so bad he can't really walk. She is very attentive to his needs, it's obvious she loves him dearly. I like her.

The driver was running over half an hour late, and it was very apparent no one was going to get to their appointments. I ended up doing a Bible handout on the van. Ha. God can use anything for good, and since I had been quiet earlier they were WILLING to accept the Bibles, as I had said nothing offensive.

One lady wanted to know how much I charged. I thought that was sad. God provides. I have over 100 sitting by my foot. I told her "Free" and she took it! Since she was going to the doctor, they all were except Ron and I, I figured the Bible would get some reading time today.

In a minute, I need to wake up Ron so we can go file the report. Anyway, we finally got rid of everyone. The driver kept apologizing, but I told him "Complaining will only get me a reputation, and I want you to look forward to driving us." He liked that, and HIS Bible.

I handed out 9 Bibles today; pretty good. Looks like God wants more transportation handouts vs corner handouts. Everyone has been appreciative and thankful, so I feel that's what He wants.

We got to work. The Milk people were great about rearranging the delivery twice. The machines were happy, and needed stocking. We had a good productive day, and I borrowed a little when Ron said he'd pay me late next week.

I don't need much at the grocery store tomorrow, the $15 I had would cover it, but I need to go to Favorite Dollar on a day off next week and get some more sugarfree candy. I carry diabetic candy with scripture booklets for handout to diabetics. I have several bags made up, but I'd like to have a better reserve. I can do that now.

OK time to go file the report, back in a bit.

Ron says he has an alarm set, he's still napping. Wow, we are so wild.

Anyway, we left, had a good pickup and ride home with a favorite driver. Oh, I forgot to mention; the "new" jeans with 1% elastic are getting too baggy - I can almost pull them off without unfastening, AND I'm all bloated with PMS. Time to go to the Salvation Army Pile. With the weight loss, I am really donating good condition items. Some happy "thrifter" will be thrilled.

So, we came home. Took our naps, and then I woke up. Pretty soon I'll file our report and then maybe do some dishes. Do some knitting (I am working on something for Sharon), while I rot my brain with Sci-fi. All the movies they have tomorrow look HORRIBLE.

Tomorrow morning we plan to get a few groceries (I really enjoy the sausage in tomato sauce, so I need more sauce), and then, if it's nice, I might have a low-key Day Out. I don't like to be out "later" on the weekends, but [shrug] we'll see where He leads me. I love handing out Bibles.

There goes the alarm! Time to go!

No comments: