Saturday, March 1, 2014

On handing out Bibles

Since December, I've had some bitterness toward the other vendor for being unreasonable, backstabbing, etc.  It's really awful when someone tries to sabatoge my business, and hurt both me and Ron. 

It's hideous to have someone laughing in my face at the thought of me losing my home. 

I am also rabidly protective of Ron.  So, I get the "Mama bear" emotions in the mix in addition to my own, perfectly reasonable, feelings. 

But I had no call to distribute Bibles either.  Now I know God only has me working when I'm right with him; and He's been pretty clear I need to forgive the other vendors. 

I have no problem with their employees, who are delightful men and people I consider friends. 

And, by all standards, I'd say I had a "right" to be upset.  Yet, I wasn't handing out Bibles. 

Sharing my faith is the most important thing in my life.  Well, pleasing God is the most important thing in my life, and sharing my faith comes second. 

And I wasn't handing out Bibles. 

I had a couple of theories.  Maybe no one was ready yet.  The weather was terrible.  We have been busy at work. 

I wasn't handing out Bibles, that's for sure. 

After the events of this week, I've made a concerted effort to forgive the other vendors.  I know God's going to repay them accordingly at some point.  I know he will be called to account for his irrational, unprofessional behavior. 

Yesterday, I found myself "throwing them some business" and amazing things happened.  One lady is sending me money for Bibles.  This morning, I got another message - someone's sending me a case of Bibles she found in storage. 

It's raining Bibles. 

I guess God is happy:  I'm going to be handing out Bibles. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather I just got to watch you deal with the worlds stress and dysfunction, and come out swinging! You are a badass and THIS non theist adores you ;) OOOXXX I was in Houston yesterday and blew you big kisses

You handled this better than most " norms" you know!
Look up Lucinda Williams "JOY" insert your local places