Sunday, March 30, 2014

Onto happier thoughts

Medication on board and digesting, I'm turning to happier thoughts. 

I'm getting an eye exam this week.  Eye exam = glasses. 

So, I need to pick out glasses. 

What am I liking? 

This: 

They might be a little smaller than I like, but they're purple.  I love purple.  With my prescription (guesstimated) they would cost about $80.  I have $100 saved. 

The last pair of glasses I bought, at Walmart, cost $400 and broke within months. 

I should add here, it's been 11 years since my last prescription (excepting the broken ones that died within a few months, back in 2006, but the eye doctor told me my prescription hadn't changed much from my 2003 pair, which I wear). 

I'm overdue. 

I also like these:
Not super fancy, but a bigger lens area, and I like navy - I can wear it with anything.

These have excellent reviews.  I wouldn't wear them everyday but they would make a really cute prescription sunglass. 


I've always wanted prescription sunglasses.  Back in better times, I had transition lenses with are somewhat like a sunglass.  But at these prices I could. 


I would like a stainless steel pair.  The one's I've had have done very well for 11 years.  I wish I knew who made them so I could get some more. 

If I go that route, these look nice: 

You'll note a rather purple theme. 

So, which ones do you like the best? 

I'm looking at Zenni Optical because some friends have had very good results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've used Zenni in the past and was pleased. Another company, Coastal, has a special for pair of free glasses to first-time customers. Goggles4u is another one, but haven't used them before. I'm a huge fan of buying glasses online, the prices are phenomenal - like $10-$15 for no-fills glasses. I have a bunch of pairs as back-ups.