Monday, March 31, 2014

Heartworm Monday

Still battling depression. 

Ron got stuck in the bathroom at work today, he couldn't open the exit door for a minute.  [sigh]  Then he got back in his wheelchair and I pushed him on our way. 

I overslept, I kept hitting the snooze button.  Torbie was absent but I found Baby Girl sleeping on my jeans.  She likes to do that. 

Ron and I tease each other, saying "She's a worm!  A heartworm!"  She is. 

We went to the warehouse, and bought some soda.   Since Ron occupies a wheelchair we can't really bring much inventory when we travel. 

We went to work.  We didn't have much time so we stocked the soda and left.  (We had a very long ride between the warehouse and work). 

After work we went to the bank.  We sold them some change.  Then we had over an hour to the pickup.  I felt awful, but I wanted some lunch. 

So, I walked to a Wendy's nearby.  I was a little creeped out, though.  As I traveled through the parking lot some guy in a du-rag kept yelling "Hey!  Hey!" at everyone.  I went over by a sturdy-looking fellow and walked alongside him.  No hassles. 

I also called Ron. 

I got over there and ordered our food, then I brought it back to the bank.  The fries screamed "Heat lamp", they were limp and soggy but they were still french fries.  The burger was a lot better. 

Our ride home arrived on time, and she's a nice driver.  When we arrived at home Baby Girl came running up to us.  I petted her and she flopped over on her back, showing her spotted tummy. 

I love to rub her tummy, and she likes it too.  She stretched and wiggled as I rubbed her tummy.  Don't try that at home, you're liable to lose a hand. 

Ron had to wait in the yard.  I was petting the baby.  After she finished (she pretends to bite) I got Ron in the house. 

If he's in the wheelchair for much longer I would need to get a wheelchair ramp for the door.  I have the strength to brute him into the house, but it isn't easy. 

I just pray I stay healthy. 

Ron and I took a nap.  I woke up around 3.  Construction noise.  Our subdivision runs parallel to a bayou.  The other side of the bayou was empty land.  Was.  Now it is home to various industries.  "Light industry" according to the water district.  Anyway, the plot nearest us is being built up - so I heard the bulldozers and all.  For a minute I thought I was at work (undergoing a massive remodel). 

I had a really hard time today.  At work, waiting on our ride, I begged God to send us a good ride, good rides, because I just didn't have "it" today. 

A few minutes later a driver pulled up.  Most of the time the driver has difficulty locating us; but not her. 

After she loaded Ron she got in the seat.  I love the front passenger seat, so I took it.  I felt like God wanted me to let her know - so I told her "I've had a horrible depression all month"  Why?  I'm bipolar.  Oooh!  "I really needed a break and begged God to send us a good driver who could find us easily.  There you were!  You just slid right in with no problem!  Thank you for being an answer to prayer!" 

She really liked that. 

No comments: