Monday, March 24, 2014

Back Attack!

Ron and I were talking "I really wish I could blog about this" I told him. 

"Why?" 

"Because I work things out when I'm writing." 

"Oh, OK, then. You can tell them." 

Ron's back is a mess.  He can't even stand upright without groaning in pain. 

He has a back condition dating back to childhood.  I've seldom seen it bother him.  It sure is now. 

He didn't even try to move any vending machines (the usual attack trigger).  He had 2 or 3 due to that.  One time we had been at the hospital for several hours.  He was lying on the exam bed and the doctor asked "Did you try to move anything?" and Ron went "Oh, yeah, I tried to move the coffee machine." 

I had been up for almost a day straight.  I'd sat next to vomiting woman for hours.  I was very glad Ron was surrounded by so many witnesses!    I gave him "the eye". 

A couple weeks later, I caught him trying to move another machine!  Agh!  You can bet I scolded him. 

So, basically, Ron's back didn't grow right.  It's going to go out. 

My part in the program - my response. 

We took Ron to work in the wheelchair.  It's probably easier to have him in the wheelchair than to have him walking or on the cart.  He was able to work. 

He'll be able to work tomorrow, too. 

And, praise God, he can take care of his "personals".  So really it's not a big deal for me. 

Other than watching him suffer, of course. 

He has a doctor's appointment for next week if it doesn't get better. 

No comments: