Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bouncing Chicken Grease

Today was wild even by my standards. 

I could not fall asleep last night.  It must have been after 11.  I had to get up at 4-5 AM. 

As it is, I hit the snooze button so often I barely had time for a shower.  I'm really liking the Suave Moroccan Infusions hair care line. 

We went to the warehouse.  I needed one thing: cookies, which they did not have.  I got some granola bars because I need a coil-filler anyway.  I don't expect them to have great sales but it's a full coil.  I got Ron some soda. 

Our primary objective: fixing the Beast, the recalictrant bottle vendor.  The repairman was right on time. 

This may sound awful but I was rather pleased HE had a difficult time with it, too.  Good.  It's not just me.  We had to go in and out a few times to get tools. 

They've rerouted the entrance by our stockroom.  The other vendor is going to have to move A LOT of stuff.  When I left, they were getting ready to bolt barricades to the floor - no more big flatbed handcarts for them.  I was able to get my 3 shelf cart (I've taken to calling it "my buggy" because every Texan refers to a cart as a "buggy").  I wondered what it would take to get them to purge a bit.  Now I know.  And it's not coming from us in any way. 

So, while we walked past our fridge I asked the repairman if he could have a look at the thermostat.  It's too warm.  A commercial fridge cannot have an average temperature of 48 degrees.  Not if you want to put a perishable food product in it! 

So, he fixed it.  I made sure to accolade when we saw it was working. 

We finally got the Beast working again (for now), and I loaded my granola bars.  Oh, and my vending machines are now directly next to the back exit.  That's going to be great.  The last thing they see after a stressful, hungry, day... yee-haw. 

After all that we went home and had a little layover for an hour or so.  I should have done my God Time in there but I didn't think of it. 

Next trip: the fried chicken special.  2 piece dark for a dollar.  Spicy or mild.  We all know Ron's a spicy fellow. 

Ron got 4 specials and ate most of them.  I think he had 2 and a half pieces left out of 8, total.  I don't know where he puts it.  I went to McD's and got a fried chicken sandwich. 

We were going to wait a while, so Ron, against my advice, called and arranged an earlier pickup.  They came alright, a very nice guy who loaded Ron's wheelchair. 

Ron was in the chair all day, he can't really stand up straight due to the back issue.  He's doing the hunchback. 

We rode around for quite a while, Ron bouncing in the back of the vehicle in his wheelchair.  At one point he moaned "OH, bouncing chicken grease!" 

Of course I lovingly reminded him I TOLD him not to fix the pickup. 

I started chatting with the driver.  "What's the strangest trip you ever had?" 

"Well"  he told me.  "I had to get a client at a gay bar.  I walked in, wearing my uniform, and they thought I was the stripper!" 

No comments: