Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Yay me!

I detest the concept of a "hormonal migraine".  However, they do exist and I'm pretty prone to them lately.  I've heard that's common as a woman approaches menopause. 

I dreamed I had a terrible migraine, as I stood in my old church seeking orange juice.  I finally found orange juice, and was given powdered sugar donuts too, before I woke up. 

As I feared, I did have a migraine and it was a whopper.  I went with my migraine protocol.  I got up early, took excedrin, had a caffeine drink (one of many throughout the day), and had a very hot shower.  I gobbled excedrin every 4 hours until noon. 

My hair has settled into a nice dark brown with medium brown highlights.  It looks natural, but not at all as I'd expected.  But I'll take it.  I didn't have a skin reaction and my hair didn't fall out, that's a good experience. 

I did my God Time.  Happily I was able to, and the smell of cat treats (the cats like to join me) didn't make me gag. 

I was functional, but only. 

We waited for our ride.  The first driver said he had 4 other pickups before he dropped us.  I'm going to sound terrible, but there's one woman I find incredibly annoying.  She asks pestering, loud, questions, and will not leave me alone for some reason.  She'll ask me the same question 50 times whether I answer it or not. 

I guess I find the volume level annoying.  I'd brought my backpack, so when I realized we were on her route I put on my headphones.  I could see her pointing at me and her mouth moving, but I couldn't hear her talking. 

I think I will always bring my backpack. 

After she was loaded, her group home provider got on the van and made a point of asking everyone how they were doing in that very bright tone of voice people reserve for the "slow".  I guess she thought we were all "special".  [rolleyes]  Not only that, she wore perfume. 

When I have a migraine I am extraordinarily sensitive to smell.  Even a light perfume can make me vomit.  If I don't vomit it feels like someone's drilling my skull, on top of the migraine. 

As a result, I very seldom wear scent.  I figure my soap and shampoo are scent enough. 

I wanted to yell at her to go away! 

We finally got to the warehouse.  Fun: Ron needed 7 cases of soda.  And our ride was early. 

I must have looked awful, the driver insisted on loading the soda, and I didn't argue.  We got to work, got the cart, got Ron on the cart plus the soda, and I pushed it over to our area.  Ron stocked canned soda. 

I went back and got bottled soda, we were almost out.  I loaded 5 cases and took out the trash. 

We went back to the warehouse (good rides today all around, except the first), and it was MY turn.  I got chips, cookies, krispie treats, you name it.  I even spent $19 of my own money because I ran out of the business' (it'll pay me back).  We went to work and Ron sat down as I tagged all the pastry (I got a lot, the construction workers love what I'm selling), and stocked everything. 

Everything went into the machines, a whole cartful of stuff, except for a few dozen cookie items that have a very high turnover.  It took me a couple hours, but the machines look great. 

I take great pride and satisfaction in my work.  I rubbed my nose and smelled machine oil - to me, a happy smell. 

We had a good ride home and I even got a nap. 

All this with a migraine.  Yay, me! 

No comments: