Thursday, March 6, 2014

Flatbread

Ron had threatened to cut off all my "fun" transportation.  Fine, I thought. 

He kept talking about how he was going to buy alcohol today.  Fine, I thought.  I lied and told him I didn't have anything planned - he tries to incorporate me into his booze runs.  "We can get hamburgers!" 

I woke up and he was snoring to beat the band.  My hair was pretty dry so I decided to skip a shower.  I went after the washcloth instead.  I did my God time.  Both cats joined me. 

I analyzed what I might need, and what I could stand to lose if I got mugged.  I got out my bus pass (I need to start carrying that with me in case Ron pulls another "Get your own ride home from here" like he did once. 

I'd love to say I'm not bitter - but much as I root it out, it's exists.  I try to weed it out as much as possible. 

I believe, 100% God will deal with him.  I'll never forget the time Ron called me "stupid" at work and a deliveryman tore him a new one. 

Today was my day.  I have problems with heat.  I got really sick one time during a Day Out and I had to take a cab home.  Another time I got heat sick and had to hide in a Walmart for quite a while, and I think I also took a cab that day too. 

It was cool and windy, in the 50's.  I felt fine in a hoodie (magenta) and t-shirt (neon pink, 'cause I'm manic), with my jeans. 

I brought some cash but not all of it, due to the aforementioned mugging issue.  I was manic, too.  If I don't have it I can't spend it. 

I had a pretty good wait on my first ride.  My headband fell out somewhere on the way to the bus stop and my hair pulled out of my ponytail and flipped around my face.  Figures, I thought, I have to face south to catch the bus and it's a north wind! 

I caught the bus and went to my local grocery store.  I went in search of Chikys.  They are an imported Mexican shortbread coated in chocolately stuff.  They are moderately popular, a good coil-filler, and a good value line item (lower prices for lower budgets). 

That reminds me.  I need to update my Facebook page for the business. 

I didn't find them, so I went in search of the wafer cookies.  We have a smaller one I sell for a quarter.  The customers will ask for them if I run out; and I've eaten them, they're good.  If you really do want something small it's a good choice. 

And, it's a quarter. 

I put them in the cart, and went looking for other items.  My eye was caught my a display of HUGE wafer cookie packs.  They are easily 3 times the size of the other ones, but have one fewer cookie.  I can sell those, I thought.  I checked the price.  Yup, I can sell them.  They'll be 30 cents. 

I bought them, and some Diet Dr Pepper (yup, still me).  I saw my next bus pass as I headed out.  Bad word. 

After waiting a while, another bus unloaded a lot of passengers.  One of them, a white guy about my age, sat down.  "You know" he told me after a few minutes "I ride this bus a lot and it's not coming for 20 minutes.  You might as well sit down."  Don't mind if I do. 

We got to chatting.  He's a nice guy.  We introduced ourselves and shook hands.  I made sure to mention Ron, talked a little about how his accident freaks me out around traffic. 

Yeah, I talk too much.  One evaluation labeled me "Extremely naive and trusting".  Still true. 

We got on the bus and I sat on the aisle seat, putting my bag on the passenger side.  This route uses the very old "Greyhound" style buses with forward-facing seats and a very narrow aisle. 

"Oh, boy" I told the driver.  "I feel like I'm going to Galveston!"  She grinned. 

I found it interesting. 

As you may know, a few years back - 3 I think, I attended some Al-anon meetings for a while.  I remember the "meeting" schedules and definitely remember the stop.  I found it significant when my new friend got off at that stop. 

Am I a magnet for alcoholics?  I wonder. 

Oh, that sounds so arrogant.  You get the idea.  I found it funny, taking a break from Ron, running into "Buddy". 

I got off the bus and walked over to the pet store.  Torbie likes her Glucosamine treats.  I know she's "old", and based on the evasive answers I got at the shelter, I'd put it at "Older old".  That's fine for me, but older cats, especially fat ones, can have joint issues. 

I am to prevent that.  It's easy enough to buy the treats.  Easier still to feed her one every day. 

You know, they have cat treats for stool odor?  Huh. 

I looked at the adoption cats (both asleep, and I didn't want to bother them) and watched the parakeets.  We had parakeets when I was a kid.  I used to catch escaped parakeets and bring them home (twice) but I was never allowed to keep them.  They were rehomed. 

Anyway, I like their noises.  I would NEVER get parakeets with a cat in the house, even if I had an aviary.  It's abusive.  I can still enjoy them at the store. 

Baby Girl likes to play with a piece of solid silicone putty grout she stole during the neighbor's remodel.  I would love to get her some kind of wiggly rubber snake.  I didn't see one, though. 

Next stop, Goodwill.  1.  They remodeled, it looks good.  2.  No fat woman clothes in my size (I'm not that big!).  3.  No interesting used sheets I could use to cover the couch. 

I was feeling kind of wierd and wobbly.  I'd had a snack at the bus stop, but maybe I needed something else. 

I looked around the very large parking lot.  A sub shop, and a chicken place.  I don't like chicken. 

I went to the sub shop, and purchased a sub.  For $6.44, I was given a sub as long as my arm, loaded with things I like, mayo, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, turkey, bacon, and cheese.  It was very good.  It took me a while to eat. 

I'd go back.  I did feel better but I could tell my battery was running out. 

I'd better get my errands done.  I had planned to go to Starbucks (I'd brought my tablet), but skipped that. 

I went to the dollar store, and found some cute hair clips, too-tight headbands, and some decorations for the vending machines.  I also got some apple conditioner I can use after my cherry 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, if my hair's still too dry.  Fruity but not ick. 

I took my goodies to Taj Mahal Imports.  I wanted some henna.  I spent some time browsing the hair care.  I got 2 packages of henna (red, and plum), amla (a dye/conditioning herbal), and a 9-herb conditioning mask.  Everything is mixed with water and applied to the hair for some period of time.  Then, of course, rinsed out. 

I forgot to get lemons at the grocery store, so I got some at this store.  Henna sticks better if it's mixed with lemon juice.  I had a good time chatting to the proprietor. 

I also checked out our vending machine - it needs a lot, and then I went home. 

I had pretty good rides.  At one point I saw two guys with a BBQ smoker strapped into the bed of their average-looking pickup.  One guy stood in the bed, tending the meat, as the other solicted business.  The meat smelled delicious. 

I left Ron a message, saying I guessed he wouldn't want any. 

He agreed when he heard the message. 

I had fun watching them hustle.  So illegal, but it did smell good. 

If I hadn't nearly died of food poisoning 10 years ago I might have gotten some. 

The bus came and almost home.  I was OK walking home but I could tell I needed to rest for a bit.   I found my headband on the sidewalk. 

I went to the bathroom, put my stuff away, and got ready to take a nap.  And Ron woke up.  We chatted a little and I went to bed. 

I had a good 2 hour nap, thank God.  I feel better now but still tired. 

However, I have Indian flatbread and (already had) cottage cheese for dinner.   I got a can of Hummus but I don't want to take a chance with a migraine for the next couple days. 

When it's safe, I'll eat it with what's left of the flatbread. 

I have a terrible weakness for flatbread. 

No comments: