Saturday, March 22, 2014

Long jabby things

Ron's felt very unwell today.  He isn't drinking, he just feels terrible. 

I told him once I would ask before posting about him, on something like this.  So, I can tell you a lot of the day revolved around Ron not feeling well. 

But not the details. 

I can say I slept in a little, deciding to do my God Time in the later afternoon before I get on the computer.  Otherwise, in the morning, I'm rushing through it. 

I took a shower.  I really like my new shampoo/conditioner combo.  One thing I have found frustrating - all the slangy terms long-haired women use like "cowashing" and "cone free".  I managed to figure out what all that meant but why not just type the word? 

So, Suave Moroccan Infusions continues to garner high points.  I like the fragrance, it's very light.  It conditions without getting my hair greasy. 

When I see other women with long hair, one thing worries me: many times the hair is greasy at the head level, then gets very dry and tangled as you travel down the strand of hair.  Maybe they don't know the "intensive conditioning" stuff goes at the end of the hair, not the scalp.  Maybe they didn't wash their hair.  Maybe they are doing some slangy fad thing they read on a message board.  But it looks horrible.  If I thought my hair looked like that I'd cut it. 

My customers would revolt, though.  Oh, they'd have fits.  That's right.  They sure did last time! 

It was funny, though, when I was looking for shampoo/conditioner.  I had a choice between frizz control, or shiny.  I went with shiny.  Next time I might try frizz control. 

Between the humidity and the wind, every woman in Houston - everyone who spends more than 10 minutes outside in a day - has frizzy hair. 

Another gripe, people who use the very strongly fragranced detergent.  It smells like detergent.  I don't like the smell of detergent.  I, personally, find it offensive.  I use minimally fragranced detergents with no fabric softener. 

Among one Houston subculture, they use the word "Loud" to describe a strong fragrance.  It's a good term.  Please don't walk around with your loud clothes. 

It's like the time I put a package of Reese's PB Cups on top of a box of detergent.  We got home in 15 minutes but the chocolate was ruined.  It tasted awful. 

That's the only time, in my life, I haven't been able to eat a Reese's PB cup.  Same goes for fragrance: less is more. 

That's one reason I detest Fructis products.  They all smell like rotting fruit.  It's horrible.  Why would I want that on my body? 

Some people like a lot of fragrance.  I do, to a small extent, in my home.  I have air fresheners.  But I have a lot of headaches and Ron is often allergic.  So I might use a cone air freshener now and then but that's it. 

Sometimes we ride in a cab and get out reeking of fake strawberries or "odor killer".  I have to wash the clothes the second we get home.  Now, if I had a cab I'd probably have it strongly fragranced, because some of the paratransit clients don't understand, or practice, hygene. 

So, we went to the warehouse.  I got what I thought I needed.  We went to work.  I was out of pastry, which I did not get.  Pastry was fine yesterday, though.  Agh. 

I stocked what I could.  The idea is presenting a full-looking machine with good products that will vend properly.  We manage that pretty well. 

However, "The Beast" is still acting up.  I am really ready to take a hammer to the thing.  I am so frustrated.  The State pays us back - 3 months after we make the repair.  In the meantime money that could have gone for inventory is "on loan".  Often, the machine isn't fixed either. 

If they say they want it back, they can have it.  I am sick of it.  Just give me a regular canned soda machine.  They are such good machines.  The complex ones - including the dreaded Vendo V-40, not so much.  I've had several repairmen walk by the machine, pale, and say "I hate those things".  These are guys who can rebuild anything. 

In the meantime, it is assigned to us so we are required to try to keep it in working order.  Look out, machine.  Your little coin bypass issue is about to get schooled. 

Ron and I decided we just weren't up for it, today. 

Besides, we'll need some tools.  Long jabby things.  Probably a mallet. 

After work, we came home.  I took a nap.  It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow so we have the day off. 

That'll be nice. 

Even nicer when Ron and I are feeling better. 

No comments: