Friday, March 14, 2014

The worst yard on the block

Ron and I walked into the Sam's Club this morning.  One of our favorite greeters headed for us.  "Hi, ya'll, how ya..." 

"Wait!" I held up my hand.  "I have a cold!  I don't want to get you sick!"  He laughed and stood back as I showed him my card, and got Ron settled (I usually park him in an unused scooter). 

I did the same with the manager, who also laughed.  I really hate being contagious.  I want to stay home until I'm well.  I don't want to be the person who infected people.  I hate that. 

I'm fine with the fact that I was most likely infected by someone at a store, or the sick driver I had a few days ago.  She was just trying to pay the bills.  She didn't get dressed for work thinking "I'm going to make Heather sick!"  No, she thought about how bad she felt, and how she had to work anyway. 

I don't actually feel that bad.  This is more mild-to-moderate.  I just don't want it getting stuck in my sinuses.  I experimented.  I took 2 different doses of medication to help; and felt worse each time.  So I'm all natural. 

Well,  mostly.  I do have some favorites:

Halls Pectin drops, and Luden's pectin drops.  Good stuff.  (Conventional cough drops make me sick to my stomach)

Dr Sheffield's Vapor Cream.  I got it today.  It's like a vapor rub lotion in a tube.  It really helps.  I am definitely getting more when I go back to the Dollar Store. 

I am, at home, doing rubs with tea tree oil. 

Whey protien 2x a day minimum. 

Anyway, I'm managing pretty well.  I want to get all the yuck out of my nose so I don't get sinus troubles.  I am fine with a runny nose. 

I sneeze very little, my throat's a little unpleasant, but not bad.  It's mainly just the tickle/burn/running nose. 

I think I started this on Monday so I should be fine in no time.  I always get a dry cough for a while, which Ron finds endlessly annoying, but even that will be gone in a few weeks. 

That's good, because I need to mow.  You could pasture an animal out back.  #2 mowed his yard today so I have the "worst" yard on the block.   I don't want to have the worst yard on the block.

So, what did I do after Sam's?  We went to Mardel and stocked the vending machine (Ron handled the drinks).  I met the new manager, who was startled to find me in "his" breakroom.  I told him "Ron and I are the vendors" and he was fine. 

I went to the dollar store.  Ron wanted hot peanuts and some chips.  I got that.  I got my vapor cream and some lemonade mix.  I love citrus when I'm sick. 

I got some Hot and Spicy sandwiches at McDonald's, and then went to the import store.  I showed off my hair and bought some more henna.  I also got garlic naan.  Pan bread.  Oh. 

I plan to eat that with the hummus I got last time (It's in a can and will keep) in a few days.  Yum. 

I got a little package of Brittania cookies.  They are very good.  She said she could get me a case.  Oh, no.  I'd get into trouble. 

I do wish I could sell them in the vending machines.  They have a lovely intense orange flavor, but only 4-6 cookies (I forget) per package. 

Then I came home and took a nap.  The neighbor kids came home about when I woke up and played outside for a while.  They're really loud; it's impossible to sleep. 

Thank God I didn't have a migraine. 

No comments: