Saturday, March 1, 2014

Quote of the day

When I was first diagnosed with FAS (high functioning), Teresa's website was a huge gift both to me and my husband.  Things finally made sense in a way they never had before.  I had practical information on what was wrong, and how, and even better, work-arounds so I could have a functional life. 

Teresa also enjoyed my "How we cope" tales as I worked my way through my illness, Ron's accident and recovery, and my diagnosis of bipolar disorder.  I still get emails - they have hope now. 

Good.  I want to be that person.  The person I needed during all my trials, someone to say "I've got this, and I've got this.  Don't worry, you'll be fine." 

As time goes by, I find myself answering questions and educating people about my problems.  I've made a couple of referrals to my doctor.  One lady, when she saw me again, gave me a huge hug.  Her bipolar daughter was under control and doing well.  I've also been able to discourage pregnant mothers from even thinking about alcohol. 

What a huge blessing for God to use me like that! 

Today, while helping someone, I went to the FAS-CRC website.  Imagine my shock when I found myself as the quote of the day!  

What a huge blessing for God to use me like that! 

http://www.come-over.to/FASCRC/

No comments: