Thursday, March 20, 2014

Two days off

Ron gave me two days off in a row.  Nice days, even. 

And I'm sick and I can't appreciate them.  AGH.  I remind myself God has an eternity of wonderful days with fascinating activities. 

Yesterday I thought I would run two errands, Walmart, and Dollar Tree.  I went to Walmart and got some simple things.  I have very little appetite and have lost 5 pounds since I got sick.  I just don't get hungry when I'm sick. 

It used to scare Mom to death.  Then I'd be better, and eating everything. 

I got my items, some stuff for Ron, and then we came home.  I put away my groceries and we went to Dollar Tree. 

I wanted to get some of the $1 5 LED flashlights.  We had a power outage a while back and I realized they'd be useful in every room.  I found some. 

I also got a 3 LED flashlight - it was a little brighter.  So either is good for disaster supplies.  I got some batteries for the flashlights and called it a day. 

I was exhausted.  I mean, completely wiped out "I want to lie down right now" exhausted.  I realized I'd overdone it. 

So I went home and tried to take a nap, but the neighbor kids thought it was such a nice day they'd run around, scream, and kick the ball around right outside my bedroom.  [moan] 

I did sleep in pretty late today.  I got my shower, tried my new shampoo (Suave Moroccan Infusions) and "shine mask".  My hair's a little frizzy but it's nice and shiny.  I did my God Time, with Torbie. 

It will be interesting to see if the new hair care improves my hair over time.  I will need to think about trimming, though.  Out of the ponytail, it reaches my waist. 

When I'm rolling over in bed, I plant an elbow.  If I catch my hair that's going to be a very bad night!  I'll keep sleeping with the ponytail for now but I may need to trim a bit so that doesn't happen. It didn't, but I saw how it could have. 

I watched a little Law & Order, Criminal Intent.  I really like Goren and Eames.  I tried to take a nap but the party machine started up.  Apparently it is someone's birthday, or they're celebrating spring break at grandma's house.  I don't know. 

I just wish they'd be quiet. 

No comments: