Friday, March 28, 2014

Snaggy

I love afghans. They make me feel happy and loved, but the only ones I own, I made myself. 

I have two primary afghans, both brightly hued.  One I crocheted between 1994-1997. The other one I knitted in 2009 after Frosty died (the white cat).  I consider them both friends; but they need to retire. 

Torbie (the fat brown tabby) is a sweet and loving girl.  She loves to climb on my chest while I'm in bed.  She does this with Ron, too.  It's very sweet and cute.

Until I realized her claws were snagging in my afghans and pulling out threads.  At first, I was a little upset at Torbie.  But then I realized she loves me.  This is just a tagalong of her loving me.

What's more important?  A piece of fabric, or loving?  Clearly the loving. 

However, I like to sleep under a lot of layers.  I've lost 2 layers now. 

Time to look for some linens (apparently my handwoven Ikea bedspreads are also "snaggy" and need protection).  A cheap quilted bedspread?  I'm leaning in that direction. 

Once I get the house and yard cleaned up (this mania), cook up plenty of food for Ron, I can look into some home decorating. 

No comments: