Friday, March 7, 2014

Get a blood test!

I have had problems with a twitching eyelid this month. 

Years ago, as a teen, I had a problem with tics.  I usually take a mixed mineral supplement which works. 

However, this wasn't going away and my (medication) inserts all say "Call your doctor", if I have any twitching.  I thought maybe I ought to do it. 

Before I did my first Bible Handout, I sent an email to my family.  I was committed.  I did the same last night with Facebook, mentioned the problem and mentioned I was calling my doctor. 

This morning, after another annoying "episode", I did.  A nice lady took the message and said she'd talk to Doc. 

We went to the warehouse and then to work.  Most of the building is "dead" to cell phones.  I think they have a jammer. 

I can see why.  Everywhere I go, I see people supposed to be working scrolling and texting on their little devices.  It's very annoying when I'm trying to get help, they're like "I'm on the phone."  I always want to tell them they aren't getting paid for that. 

Anyway, as we approached our vending area, my cell phone alerted.  I had a voicemail. 

I hate checking my voicemail.  I turned off my phone so Ron could "hack" it and let me know Doc's response. 

However, we both got distracted.  I had two down vending machines.  One was easy to fix, the other was not. 

I was so angry I was ready to kick it.  I did everything I could, and told Ron I hoped it wasn't the motherboard. 

"I don't know why" I ranted "It keeps saying exact change...OH." 

My change bank was empty.  Thank God I did not call the repairman.  I loaded dimes and nickels and now it's a happy good machine. 

I'd brought my wafer cookies from yesterday, and stocked them.  In the midst of that Ron began yelling at me, in a room full of Postal Workers. 

"Heather, it's your lithium level!  You gotta check your lithium level and reduce your dose!"

Meaning: I am toxic.  Meaning: if anyone didn't know I was bipolar, they do now! 

Good thing I tell the world anyway. 

Did I take too much lithium?  Is that why I'm sick?  I have been really "dumb" and groggy lately in addition to the twitch. 

No, and yes.  I've been taking my prescribed dose only.  However, it can build up to dangerous levels.  When it does that they don't often see the dramatic symptoms they would if I swallowed a whole bottle. 

I might get groggy, and stupid.  I might get twitchy.  Ah! 

So, Doc reduced my dose, and he wants me to get a blood test, which I'm going first thing tomorrow.  I have to wait 12 hours after my lithium dose to get a proper lithium level. 

I'll do that. 

So, I should be feeling a lot better very soon.  Lithium does clear the body quickly, within hours.  The trick is getting it down a little, but not too far. 

Lithium is tricky stuff. 

After that, I decorated the vending machines with some easter themed clings.  Fuzzy bunnies and chicks.  My favorite is the little chick wearing bunny ears. 

I hope my customers like it! 

No comments: