Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Calling menopause

It's bad when we're both depressed. 

Ron and I woke up about the same time.  "I don't want to go to Walmart" he said, exhausted.  "Why are we going?" 

"You wanted to put some money in my account and get some melatonin."  I reminded him.  My account is just for internet.

"Would you mind..." 

"I was only going for you.

"OK, I'm going to cancel." 

I did not sleep well last night.  I suspect menopause may be a factor. 

Why, you may ask, do you think that's an issue?  Well, my cycles are WHACK.  They have never been this whack, ever.  They are getting longer, and shorter.  I'm having a week of spotting beforehand, and hardly any flow during. 

I have hot flashes.  I have trouble sleeping.  I cry even when I'm manic (that is not a bioplar thing).  The rest of it, more depression (which I find is common amongst bipolar menopausal ladies), mood issues, etc... that can all fit as well, or it could just be my crazy. 

I've decided to call menopause.  I'm almost 40.  God knows I wasn't having kids anyway. 

So, depressed.  Went back to sleep.  I had a nightmare I was trying to evacuate Torbie (fat brown tabby in my photos) from a disaster area. 

On the positive side, I was saving her.  I wasn't just leaving her to die.  [shudder] 

Torbie is my best animal friend.  She is very sweet and loving, but has enough mischief to keep me on my toes.  I know she is "older" and I may not have a long duration, but the quality more than makes up for the possible lack of time. 

One thing I can say, there's another cat downtown at 3200 Carr waiting to be saved.  I'd let it pick me the way I did with Torbie.  Forget about "I want the black one".  Nope.  Sit in the chair.  Let the cat select you.  It's really similar to The Children's Zoo episode of the Twilight Zone. 

Baby Girl brought Ron a lizard, which I caught and put out.  She later brought me a dead lizard.  I pretended to eat it and then threw it out.  It's a love offering.  I view it as such. 

Thank God it's only a lizard.  I don't miss Bubba's rats.  (shudder)

I was pretty groggy, and had slept pretty late - 10 AM.  Even with daylight savings that is still late for me.  I helped Ron with the acccounting report and brewed up some henna. 

I used Reshma "natural" henna.  From what I recall, about a half cup of powder seems to work very well.  But I kept reading how waist length hair needed the whole box.  I compromised and used about 3/4 cup (or 3/4 box).  It was too much.  Half a cup is best.  However, leftover henna is freezable and I put it in "my" part of the freezer so Ron won't eat it by accident. He'd be furious. 

I mixed it with really strong brewed tea and the juice of 2 fresh lemons, to a batter like consistency. 

I decided to get naked, in the shower.  I hadn't showered yet.  Supposedly I must wash my hair before the henna or I won't cover the greys (per internet).  If the henna got on my body I could wash it off. 

I have some odd orange spots in strange places, now.  Forget that idea - it doesn't work.  Not if you have a really good henna that stains the skin in 10 seconds. 

Which I do.  I can hardly wait to see how it turns out. 

Anyway, I got it on.  I made sort of a mess but that's why I was in the shower.  I got it on my arms and chest.  Probably my back too but no one looks at my back. 

I got it all applied.  I kept putting extra paste on my hair because I had so much, so I am saturated.  I put a clip on top of my hair.  It fell backward.  All my hair is dragging at the back of my shower cap now. 

So now I wait about 3 more hours.  Then I rinse.  And put up photos. 

I think I'm really going to like this. 

No comments: