Monday, March 3, 2014

Work and henna

I woke up pretty late, with a headache.  Ron had us start later today to avoid the other vendor. 

We went to the bank and he had a couple transactions I couldn't follow.  It got me thinking about forensic accountants.  They must really like to dig! 

We went to the warehouse.  Ron wanted bottled drinks, 5 cases.  We did that.  I wondered if I needed anything. 

All through this I am pretty manic and a little irritable from the caffine in the headache pills. 

Our pickup was late.  Turns out it was in a wreck.  They sent a very nice Nigerian man who has had us before.  He chuckled as I thanked him in Yoruba. 

I loaded all the drinks and we went to work.  Then I unloaded, the driver left, and I got the handcart.  Still pretty manic.  Saw one of the other vendor's guys.  We chatted a bit. 

We got the drinks loaded in the fridge (primary mission) and went to check the machines.  The guys really, really, like what I'm doing.  I need more inventory, and I made a list. 

We came home and I took a nap.  Bam, depression.  I had a terrible time getting up. 

I had made up a batch of henna this morning, it was ready to use, and would expire if I didn't.  I put on my old t-shirt and got in the shower. 

I put on gloves and began blobbing it all over my hair.  My hair's pretty thick.  I made a godawful mess of my hair and the shower.  I also ran out of henna. 

However, my secondary henna was ready to go.  I had the dry powder and some strong brewed tea, just in case.  I was able to mixup a batch and get that on. 

After I finished, I put the mess under a shower cap and cleaned up as best I could.  I miss a lot when I'm not wearing my glasses. 

I think the funniest was when I tried to scrub off my age spot, thinking it henna. 

No comments: