Saturday, September 15, 2012

Left Behind

After my last post, I went to Walmart.  On Saturday, around noon.  We had to go to the wholesale warehouse first thing, and then our WM ride was late.

Problem with that: I'm on a deadline to get outside for my ride.  If I'm not there, we are left behind.

However, on a Saturday, people want to linger over every item in the store.  The favorite thing is to get in front of me, I'm clearly rushing, and then slow to a crawl, staring in fascination at the display of toilet plungers or butt scratchers.  It's like they have to stop and examine each end cap for 2 or 3 minutes, before moving forward another couple feet.

Or the other one, tell me if you hate this too.  They park the cart in the middle of the aisle, so you can't get through.  Then they go off to the side to look at an item, I can't get by, and then they get an attitude if I touch the cart to move it.  Sometimes they leave the kid in the cart, and then I really can't go anywhere near the cart or they will freak.  If I say "Excuse me" and indicate I'm trying to get through, they get rude.  So I have to back up, turn around, and approach it from the other end.

I hate to shop when it's busy.  I want to go quickly if I need to go quickly,which simply cannot happen on the weekend.

Happily, I did get everything I needed, some decent razors, some nice lotion (my skin seems to be getting dryer, which is interesting).  I have always had very oily skin, but it seems like my limbs are getting dry while the face stays oily!

As Ron's old doctor would say "You're just getting old".  Ron had a horrible day.  He woke up with a lot of tingling and electric shocks in his bad foot.  Neuropathy.  He took a neurontin, all kinds of vitamins, and tylenol.  I worry about his liver.

Ron only had a couple of TV dinners.  I told him I wanted to get him some more, and he agreed.  But then he got stuck on the phone talking to Metrolift and couldn't tell me what he wanted.  However, he liked what I picked;  Meatball hot pockets, 2 Don Miguel Beef Enchilada dinners,  a Nighthawk steak and taters, and a Banquet Turkey dinner.

He was delighted with my selection, and after I finished getting "his" stuff, very worried the $20 he'd given me wouldn't suffice.  But I'd gone to Walmart.  He should be fine.  I was happy, I got all my stuff.

I had enough time to grab a hot lunch for us, from the deli, before I left.  They are very careful about food safety at "my" Walmart.   We went home and Ron fed chicken strips to the cats.

I ate, took my lithium, all 4 of them, and took a nap.  The little cat, whom Ron says is now "Little Girl", came and slept with me.  Being a smart girl, she went off to the side of the bed so I wouldn't squash her.  I slept pretty well.

I think I always sleep great when I have a cat in the bed.  When I visit my sister next week (she has 2 cats), I'll leave the door open so they can come and visit, if they'd like.

No comments: