Friday, September 7, 2012

The Next Handout

I'm always thinking about the next Bible Handout.  I plan to do one in Florida, and have figured out most of the logistics on that one (I just need my sister's help with a ride).

However, I want to do one in Houston.  The panhandlers can be very aggressive on the corner, blocking me out.

I concluded, considering that, I really have to depend on God to lead me on the next Handout.  If I just go on a day I think likely, I'm liable to be shut out!  So, I was literally, sitting on my loveseat, praying and asking God to show me when and where to do my next handout.

Ron walks into the room "Heather, how about we do a Handout in Acres Homes?"  He mentioned a spot I had noted.  "We could do it tomorrow, and get some BBQ, afterward".

We had already planned out our day, so it will have to be in the later afternoon.  There's my time, and place.

I should add, it's pretty unusual for Ron to be enthused about a Handout.  He normally expresses frustration with God for "keeping" him here, and wonders how many people need to get a Bible before he gets to go "home" - you get the idea.  For Ron to excitedly suggest a handout on his own - well, the last time that happened we gave away over 100 in half an hour.

If you live in Houston, you know Acres Homes has a "bad" reputation.  If you don't, here's a link:  Wikipedia - Acres Homes.  So, that said, the Bible is really clear:


  1. Matthew 9:12
    When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
    NKJV
  2. Mark 2:17
    When Jesus heard it, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”  NKJV
If you don't know me by now, I'll state it outright: I will go anywhere God sends me.  I am happy to go.  

I just need to do up some Bibles.  I have some space limitations so I will need to work with that.  

I had a Day Out today, and during the Day Out I got some KJV Bibles at the Dollar Store.  Some of the older or more rigid folk will only take a Bible if it's a KJV.  I would hate to send someone away without a Bible.  If it means buying some KJV, I'll do it.  

I, personally, am not a fan of that version.  It's not about me.  It's about reaching the unreached and the backslidden, however I can, then going home and literally praying like hell for them every single day of the year.  

I pray for you, too.  (((hugs)))

2 comments:

Pickled Pannus said...

We're due for a video blog.we enjoyed the last one immensely!!!

Heather Knits said...

Kitten or no kitten?

We've got her outside for now. She's out hunting bugs in the yard, I think she'll be a great mouser.

It might not be tomorrow, but Sunday night - Ron has an interesting story about sales tax.