Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I have a severe medical condition

I think God is working on my pride.

Proud of a job well done - probably a good thing.  Dwelling on it?  Probably a bad thing.

It is very easy for me to focus on what I have done, and not what I have yet to do.  It's one reason I don't keep track of the number of Bibles distributed.  I do know pride will render me useless; so I welcome whatever correction God sends my way.

Currently, migraines.  A couple of migraines, and a couple more bad headaches.  Now, last Wednesday was my fault.  I ate chocolate chip cookies, delicious ones, then I went to a candle shop and smelled a lot of candles - either activity would have triggered a migraine.  Both, definitely.

The rest, I'm attributing to unusual activity.  No naps, lots of activity, limited sleep, weird foods (delicious foods that are not usual for my daily intake), weird medication timing, not surprising.

I told Ron, this week, I intend to focus on catching up on my sleep and getting back into my usual routine.  Travel can be a big deal for me.  Last time I went to visit my sister, I was struck with a massive depression on my return.  I think some of that was the disruption of my schedule.

I believe change can be hard for my body and mind.  So, I plan to pamper myself a bit this week, just do the basics, work and home.  I had planned all that before the headaches.

Last night, I changed the litter boxes, today I fed the cats, that's about it.

Bubba-cat came and we had an awesome nap earlier.  I sure love my boy.

I felt a little guilty about this, but, like I told Ron "I have a severe medical condition.  It is OK to make accommodations to prevent complications."

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time.  I'm thrilled they wanted me there.  I just need to ensure I don't suffer needlessly, in the long run.

No comments: