Monday, September 10, 2012

Daily drama

The hives are better.  If I get on them immediately with Benadryl and Steroid Cream they abate pretty quickly.  

Ron is having a bad day.  First, he was told he has to attend a mandatory conference in Austin.  At a hotel costing $100 a night; for 2 nights.  

He has to attend.  No choice.  We have to attend.  The seminar is "back to basics" and they talk about "How to maintain and repair a vending machine".  [rolleyes]  We have a very low repair bill, because I can usually figure it out (that, and I pray over and for the vending machines).  

So, they want to teach us how to brush our hair, so to speak.  We have to attend.  

Ron doesn't like other people telling him what to do.  He doesn't like being "forced" into doing anything he doesn't want to do.  

I got to hear ALL about it, for hours on end.  Funny.   Ron doesn't want me to even mention how that thug stuck a gun in my face, I have talked about it for maybe 4 minutes, if I talk about it again for 30 seconds he shouts at me to stop.  But I get to listen to him going on for hours, and if I say anything I'm a bad guy?  

Ironic.  I'm not angry or bitter, just a little fatigued.  We had a little trouble with our pickup and my phone wouldn't work - I finally fixed it by taking out the battery for a while.  

Thank God the depression hasn't hit yet.  [shudder]  My read-through-the Bible program has me doing Job right now - the last time I read through that I had a horrible depression and it just made it worse!  I hated opening up my Bible every day!  That's not me!  

Thank God I read a couple of different Bible things, I have a Chronological Bible, a Daily Bible, Daily Light from the Bible (collections of assorted Bible verses on a theme, a really nice way to get started reading your Bible daily), etc.  You get the idea.  So, the Daily Bible is in Job.  The Chronological Bible did Job a few months back.  

I also have 2 secular devotionals, one from Al-anon, and one on mental health.  Then I have 2 regular devotionals, and one more collection of Bible verses for the day.  I really enjoy it all, but when I'm doing Job I can't wait to get to the other books.  

So, after work, we went to the bank and made a small deposit, and came home.  I took my nap.  

Ron was pretty frustrated.  When I got up, we plugged in the computer.  

Ron was pretty cranky, we had to file the monthly report.  I let in the kitten and asked Ron to keep her busy.  He did so.  

Then, all kinds of drama because they changed the form.  [Shudder]  

I'm glad that's all over.  

I have a handout planned for tomorrow, so I need to go do that.  

No comments: