Sunday, September 30, 2012

I've never run out of Bibles

I could do a heartbreaking post on my "lack" of Bibles.  "I only have enough for two Handouts" I'd say... "And not very big ones at that.  Please pray God sends me more Bibles."

I could - but I won't.  I remind myself often "God is mighty to save".  Isaiah 63:1  So, I let Him.  

If God wants to get me Bibles, He will work to make that happen.  I imagine my sponsors get the same itch I do "I need to buy Heather some Bibles" and pretty soon, I've got a case on the porch.  

If not, I'll Handout what I've got and save my pennies for the next one.  I've never run out of Bibles.  I remember one time, things were very tight.  I could only afford $25 for Bibles.   I called the bookstore to ask them to hold 50 Bibles.  They got the manager; he said he wouldn't do it.  Why?  "Someone just bought you 300 Bibles".

So, I don't worry.  My life has been ALL about stepping out in faith.  In fact, many famous evangelists have had big trials of faith: one guy was led to give his entire savings to a fisherman's widow.  She was "supposed" to get a final check from the owner of the fishing boat - supposed to.  But it was already months late and she was in danger of starving.

So, Hudson, that was his name (J Hudson Taylor), gave her his savings, and a month later she got her money and paid him back.  He said that month taught him to trust in God for everything, which turned out to be a good thing, because he had a very hard time getting funding for his Inland China Mission!   It was years before he could depend on enough money to feed his kids - which is one reason he chose the "go native" style and lived very cheaply, as a Chinese Mandarin would.

God called me to do this.  He will supply me.  I'm not worried.  I've got enough for the next handout, and the one after that.

For all I know I'll get raptured before I hit a third handout.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I think you are wonderful, but question about the rapture. The world is currently the most peaceful it has ever been in terms of killing/war. I know that you may read the stuff at RR and buy it, but really--actual numbers show that things are better now than at any point in history. Why is the rapture going to happen. Just wondering why you think it is that time. Note, a belief or not in the rapture doesn't mean that what you are doing isn't amazing--because it is.

Heather Knits said...

To sum it up, signs we are given. Matthew 24 comes to mind. "Earthquakes in diverse places", etc. We have the technology to implement things like the mark of the beast mentioned in Revelation. I could go on.

I would hope that the immanency, or not, of the rapture would not affect the way I live my life. Translated, I'm living the same way - if it happens tonight, or in 200 years. I'm doing what I feel is job #1 - sharing my faith.

Anything good you see in me is God, not me. I'm always asking Him to make me into the woman He wants me to be - someone kind, strong, loving, compassionate, bold, and faithful. If you see that - He gets the credit!

Anonymous said...

But there has been this level of disaster forever. I agree you are living life correctly and blessedly, I don't know... I just don't know what signs there are? There isn't increasing disasters or war. None of that is happening. There is more news so we know more. That is all. I think alot on RR don't get that but are fundamentally good people who the mods use for their own purposes.

But your philosophy of the rapture coming today or 200 years = you won't change is good. Tech increase and Israel I can see as arguments. I just don't like or buy the "The world is terrible!" arguments, when, it is--while not perfect--better.

God bless regardless!