Monday, September 10, 2012

Caught on camera

I was worried about the kitten.

Bubba's got a good thing going, at home.  He has a nice routine, a quiet life, and adventures hunting in the yard, at night.  The last time a kitten came in the house, it peed everywhere and pestered Bubba to death.  He finally ran it off.

So, when Ron found the kitten, I was a little upset.  Yeah, she's cute, but hey, let's look after our boy.  Look what happened last time.

I had my heart padlocked.  No way will this work.  However, Ron begged, so I told him "If she doesn't bother Bubba, if he likes her, then she can stay".  I figured Bubba would run the kitten off in a few days, or she'd annoy Bubba.

However, I did notice some positive signs.  When she "met" Bubba, she greeted him with very submissive body posture, making small, desperate meows.  Bubba wasn't hissing or growling at her; his posture was alert.

As time passed, she's become very comfortable with Bubba.  They share meals - Bubba eats first, the kitten can, too, if she can find a corner of the plate.  His posture was always alert and friendly, his ears up, his whiskers interested.  Last night, when she got a little wild running around near him, he cuffed her, gently.

However, tonight I got my proof.  Someone's little dog got out, ate the cat food I had on the porch, and treed the cats.  I got some cute photos, but this is my favorite.


I guess she's staying.

No comments: