Monday, September 10, 2012

Random questions

Some random thoughts I've had recently:

Today at work: which came first, the chicken salad, or the egg salad?

Why do the Christian dating websites put up ads on my Facebook, when my status is "married"?

Why do we only trust God when are lives are in the trash can?  Why don't we trust Him when things are good?

Why do I get so freaked out when things are going well?

Why do I have to go to a seminar on how to stock and repair vending machines, when that's all I've done for the last 11 and half years?

Where is my royalty check?  It should be coming any day, and boy we can use it.

Why does my flood insurance have so much better coverage (lower deductible, higher coverage rates) than my homeowner's?   For the same rate?

Would Ron and I ever be happy living in an apartment?  Would it really be cheaper and less stressful, or does God want us here in our home?

Why did Bubba hate the two black kittens, but loves the brown tabby?  Is he a racist?  Black-on-black hatred?  Or was the tabby more submissive?

Why did God send another cat into my life - and why send her to Ron?  Ron's the one who wanted to keep her, but I'm onboard now that she gets along with Bubba.  She has a cute purr, too.

Will I get twice as many things coming in the cat door, now that I have two cats?  More dead things and live trophies?

Would I stick around during the Tribulation if it meant I could do more Bible Handouts?  Probably.

How many recipients are actually reading their Bibles?   Well, that's up to God.

Why do people hate Gospel Metal?  I can understand hating the Gospel Rap, but heavy metal praising Jesus is a good thing.

Were people always bipolar, from the beginning of time, or did it evolve later?  I know about 1 in every 100 humans, regardless of location, have it.

What did people do in the old days, when they had hallucinations?  Just say "Not there, not there" like the guy in the movie "Rose Red"?  Or go along for the ride?

That's it for tonight.  The lithium is kicking in and my typing is deteriorating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do people hate Gospel Metal? I can understand hating the Gospel Rap, but heavy metal praising Jesus is a good thing.

If you take out the lyrics gospel metal it sounds just like regular metal. Just because you add in a Christian message to something does not make it Godly nor Christian.

Plus I think that type of music just works your spirit up into something unholy. I personally do not enjoy music being screamed at me no matter what the message.

However, if this is the type of music you enjoy then have at it.

Did you listen to heavy metal before getting saved? Perhaps the beats and rhythms remind you of the secular music and appeals to your sinful side rather than redeemed side.

I believe that the Christian music industry for some can be about getting popular like secular artists and this can result in a slippery slope for musicians that start out with good intentions.

After all we are corruptible both saved and unsaved.

Heather Knits said...

I got saved at age 8, and mainly listened to top 40 stuff.

Ron has a theory, people who have had a difficult and traumatic life are more drawn to high-intensity music. It makes as much sense as anything else I've heard, and it would explain my tastes - I like very intense music.

Although, I have to admit, you will find plenty of old-timey hymns in my playlist.

Mark Charles said...

"What did people do in the old days, when they had hallucinations?  Just say "Not there, not there" like the guy in the movie "Rose Red"?  Or go along for the ride? "



They became " holy men/women"