Sunday, September 16, 2012

I guess I'd better come home

Whenever I fly by myself, Ron worries, a lot, about disaster.  Tonight he told my sister "If anything happens to Heather, I'm moving in with you!"

Well, I am certain that would be an all-around disaster.  I guess I'd better come home!

On a happier note, the cats seem to be adjusting; hanging out, nearby, without conflict.  That's a very good sign.  I thought it was funny - when I gave Bubba a can of something vile, the kitten slowly crept in, very submissive posture, and ate around the edges of the plate, on the other side.  I know a lot of long-term cats don't allow that!

Bubba did eat all the gravy.  He did that with Frosty, too.

I think he realizes she is just a dumb, energetic, baby.  They both slept in the bedroom today, Bubba on the bed, kitten on the floor.

I told Ron I'm sure Bubba will educate her while I'm gone.  Ron sleeps a lot during the day, so the cats can sort it out.

As for me, I'm packed.  I have over a months' worth of medication in my carry on bag.  Everything is packed properly, per TSA and airline regulations.  I have plenty of entertainment; my Bible, my Kindle, and plenty of Bibles to hand out if I'm led by the Holy Spirit.  Some tell me I can't do that at the airport, we'll see.

I'm not defiant, just practical.  I want to work inside the will of God.  I don't ever think I am doing any evangelism on my own.  Ha!  The minute I think that, I am worthless.

I'm always asking God to keep me useful, no matter what it takes.

So, I'm ready.  I have a lot of stuff going to work tomorrow, luggage and merchandise.  Ron needs me for the heavy lifting; so I want to get all the stuff he'll need into the fridge.  When he needs the merchandise, he can take it out, item by item, and put it in a box he carries in his lap, as he propels his wheelchair.

As for me, I'm pretty beat.

I will probably be posting from a computer; if not, I will do shorter email updates.




No comments: