Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wedding bells week in review

This will be a long one.

Monday we went to work, I had all my luggage.  As I left the house with my luggage, all 4 bags, it rained.

As I unloaded the luggage, it rained.  It rained again after work, coming out to the car.

It was dry by the time I got to the airport.  The skycap commented on the Bible bag - very heavy.  I told him about the Handouts, and gave him a Bible along with a good tip.

I gave out Bibles at the airport - not to fellow travelers, that's against the rules.  I gave out what I would call a lot, but I only had about 40 or so to start.  That's all I could stuff in the bag.

I checked two bags, and carried my garment bag and backpack.  They took the garment bag at the gate, and I got it at my destination.  I was happy to get rid of it.

I had a good flight, gave one to my flight attendant.  She was happy to get it.  The other one said no.

On my next flight I got a "no" from God even before I realized the steward was gay.  We had a great time kidding and flirting.  I'm praying for him.

I landed, got my bags, and my niece showed up.  Priscilla is a wonderful lady.  If I had a kid, I would be really blessed if she turned out to be as sweet, loving, generous, creative, and sweet as Priscilla.

I was out of soda, so I got some as she filled up.  I also picked up a couple of souvenir coffee cups at the gas station.  I wish I'd gotten more.  They are really nice, but I only looked for one or two names.

We got to my sister's house, late.  I basically went straight to bed.

She has a really cute trailer.  I like the layout.  I could definitely live in a trailer like that, if the park were quiet.

Tuesday, my sister had to work.  I got up, did my God time, and did up the Bibles.  I wanted to to my usual corner handout.  It didn't work out; more rain!

However, after lunch, my niece dropped me at the mall.  I had a very different experience.  I was able to distribute maybe 10.

It is a very affluent mall.  I looked around, ate a chocolate chip cookie, and tried out a massage chair - the vending machine version.  It was nice.

I spent a lot of time in the candle shop, sniffing.  I got a rose for myself, and a jasmine for Sue (my sister).  Then she picked me up.

Her doctor wanted to meet me.  It was interesting.  I have a low self-esteem!  I know that, but she implied I should actually work on the issue.

Sue took me to dinner, it was good.  Then we did some chores.  She has arthritis, but I'm a good beast of burden.

Wednesday, I had a full migraine.  Curse that chocolate chip cookie, or the candles maybe.  She had to do a treatment for her condition anyway.    I felt pretty crappy by the time we hit the road, but I had my fake excedrin and my phenergan.  I took both and they did a good job of keeping me functional.

We got into town.  I knew I was staying in "a hotel".  I didn't know it was a Hilton!  Whoo!  It was with nicest hotel I've ever "done".

The sheets were lovely, microfiber.  The pillows were lovely and I loved the bedspread.

Things got even better at breakfast Thursday, with fluffy scrambled eggs and a belgian waffle for breakfast!   We did a little sightseeing in Saint Augustine.  It was very interesting and I got the last of my tourist gifts.

Ron loves the turtle, carved from a coconut shell.  I had a little trouble getting it into my bag but I managed.   Sue was not up for eating so I went to a nice little cafe and had a very affordable grilled cheese for lunch.

We went to the venue and did the rehearsal, and it rained.  It looked really grim for an outdoor wedding.  I liked the pastor.

Then we had the dinner.  I liked it.  I saw my brother in law and shared my appreciation.  He redeemed miles, not just to get my plane tickets, but for me to stay with my sister in the hotel.  I gave him a big hug and thanked him.  He told me a little about his computer work.   I told him about the handouts, which I continued to do during the week.  A small, personal, basis, as led by God.

After the dinner, I was beat.  We went to bed.  Friday, the day of the wedding, I was awakened by the clamor of multiple cell phones.  Another waffle, a scrambled egg, and some fruit.

I was having a hard time.  I felt very foggy and my hands were dumb.  I think it was just the result of sleep deprivation, more sugar, and a different schedule.  I was able to help with the preparations.

The groom made a point of thanking me personally, after the wedding, which I found very sweet.  He's a great guy.

His mom is a great lady.

After that, we went ran a few errands and everyone got their hair done at the salon.  I read a book.  I almost fell asleep waiting.

My sister put my hair in a bun, on the way to the venue.  I wore my blue flowered dress, which everyone likes.

We had the usual wedding excitement.  The cake was half an hour late.  It looked like it wanted to rain.  God came through and it didn't.

My brother called and told my sister he had wrecked his bike.  He calls himself "eccentric" and he's right.  I wouldn't call him a survivalist, but he can definitely survive in the wild.  He told me some interesting stories.  He showed up, in his riding leathers, right before the wedding.  I haven't seen him in 34 years.  I ran over and gave him a big hug, then claimed him as my "date".

It was a lovely ceremony.  I had a horrible tickle in my throat but I only coughed once, quietly, and then clamped down on that tickle, until it was over.

The reception was great.  I hung out with my brother, we talked, watched everyone having a good time, ate ourselves silly on delicious food.

As we left, my niece and I gave my brother a ride back to his wrecked bike, but that's another story!

No comments: