Monday, May 31, 2010

A Nasty Migraine

I had a nasty migraine today. Ugh.

First, though, I was awakened at 12:30 AM by the dreaded "proud meow" and terrified squeaking. I knew that was bad. Bubba had brought something in through the pet door.

I checked it out and determined that he'd brought a mouse into the bathroom. It stared up at me, pleading. Being the kind woman I am I locked the cat in the bathroom with him and ordered him to "Finish it".

I hunted around the house for a mouse trap, to no avail. I went back into the bedroom.

We have a gap under the bathroom door due to previous homeowner repairs. Tropical Storm Allison ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Tropical_Storm_Allison_in_Texas ) caused some damage to our home (40 inches of rain in one night will do that), and the previous guy planed about 3/4 of an inch off the bottom of the door.

I heard the squeaking again, and saw the poor little thing dragging itself into my bedroom. I herded it into the open, away from the good hidey-holes. It looked up, pleadingly, with its little beady eyes. Squeak.

I got a 5-gallon bucket with a lid. I got a 9x11 inch piece of cardboard, and scooped up the mouse and put him in the bucket. I made sure I wouldn't get his/her tail and put the lid on. Then I unlocked the burglar bars and put him/her in the backyard. I left the cat door locked.

Bubba woke me up at 3 AM demanding to go out, I figured mousie had hidden by then, so I did.

I woke up again when my alarm went off. I did my shower, God time, and got ready. Ron wanted a trip to the other grocery store, to get pineapple. We did that but by the time I got home my head was killing me so I laid down.

UGH. Migraines.

No comments: