Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sometimes!

Some days can be frustrating. Like today: it was mostly good. However, at one point Ron was acting very angry. I said "I'm feeling a lot of anger from you, are you mad at me?" He started ranting about how I was reading his mind and how I shouldn't "notice" him like that., etc.

What could I say to that? At the time, I was "walking" him down a street in our subdivision - no way I could leave him. He ranted for a couple minutes, ending with "And I try to keep the negativity to a minimum" and again blamed me for "Not communicating effectively" because I didn't ask him if he was angry at me - I made it a statement instead.

UGH. I try so hard to be understanding! THEN we're home. He comes out of his room and does the whole "I'm not blaming you, but it's your fault.." routine. I said "Here is your popcorn" and gave it to him. I found his pineapple. [We had gone to a grocery store, sampled the pineapple, he said I want the pineapple, and we discussed the fruit several more times before this had happened.] However, I was tired. I said "Here's your watermelon." What did you buy? I wanted pineapple! Is this pineapple? Why did you call it watermelon?!

I just said the wrong word.

"Oh, THANKS GOD for giving me a brain damaged wife."

SOMETIMES!

Do I really need to say more?

No comments: