Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The One

It's been my experience in life; at certain points I just knew something was right for me. As a child, I knew I wanted Jesus - no doubts at all. When I met Ron, it scared me, how right he was. On the surface we had nothing in common, and yet we're coming up on 18 years of marriage. We still have great love and affection for each other.

The first time we went to work together - I knew it was "home" for us. It was difficult and challenging, but you couldn't pay me a million dollars to leave that location. I love it, and I just KNEW it was right.

The same with the house; as soon as Ron and I walked in we knew it was home. We wanted another bathroom, the house was a loud shade of orange; but we knew it was home.

I have had a very old bathrobe for several years now. I bought it secondhand at a thrift store after Ron's accident. It was a pretty rose color, long and rather old. It cost me a few dollars. I just knew it was the bathrobe for me. I love that bathrobe, even though the back collar is a mass of frayed strings, it's stained, and I'm literally wearing holes in it. When I'm sick or tired, it's like a big hug waiting for me after my shower or bath.

I've needed to replace it, but nothing was ever right. I wanted the One.

Today, at Ikea, I found it. It's extremely bright yellow, hooded, and extra-large. It's long and warm and perfect. It only cost $20, but that wouldn't have mattered. I took one look at it and knew I'd found My Bathrobe. The One.

I still plan to keep the old pink one in reserve for "That Time" and illness, when I might mess up "Sunny", my new loud, yellow bathrobe.

No comments: