Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tangerine with chili lollipops

We had a busy day. Ron needed to go to work (on our day off), so we did. After work, I told him I'd like to go to the mall and get some more of the Mexican candy.

God gave me a nice Mexican cab driver this morning, who proclaimed "my" tangerine-with-chili lollipop "Delicious". I asked him if he had tried the cucumber flavored ones, he said, yes, they were very good. Great! I had excellent feedback on what candies are desirable!

I handed out several New Testaments today, and several Spanish Driver Candies, with a tract and a scripture booklet. They were all received eagerly and happily. I love my "job". I ran to the store after Ron began his meal. I got a good selection of candy and we left.

We had a great pickup and went home. I took a nap. I didn't sleep well and woke up with loud tunes I didn't know running in my head. I hate that. I think it is a psychotic related thing. I smelled roses today, somewhere I shouldn't. I plan to take an extra tablet tonight. UGH. The mania is well controlled; but the heat might be making the "psychotic features" a little more unpleasant than usual.

You know, I saw a perfume today, called "Mania"? I found that a little odd. You'll never see one labeled "Depression". I remember once, when I was 14, I drew a very drab representation of the world - everyone saw bright flowers and greenery, and everything in "my" world was brown and dead. Glad that's managed.

So, I woke up, did up some more candy, and Ron said "Let's go check out that grocery store". It's a couple miles from the house. I said "OK" and got the wheelchair. I pushed him to the store in the wheelchair.

I brought a soda, and drank it on the way. I had fun, we were talking, had a pretty good time.

We got to the store. It was really busy. Ron wanted some fresh pineapple (they had samples) and his favorite microwave popcorn. I got some store-brand diet soda, and some store-brand cat food. Bubba loved the gravy, but I don't know how he'll respond to the "meat" portion. He certainly got 33 cents worth of enjoyment out of the gravy.

So far, so good. I saw some rose-scented fabric softener that sounds wonderful. I might get some later on.

We paid up and left, deciding to take the bus partway home. We went over to the bus stop, waited a few minutes, had a great ride. The driver was very nice and kind. While waiting at the stop, Ron said he didn't have his bus pass. I told him, the bus pass is the same thing you have to show to ride Metrolift, I know you have it in there, and I know it is not in your wallet. He got huffy and then figured it out on his own. He said a few derisive things about being "stupid". One thing I can say, Ron is verbally abusive to himself, too. But don't they say that? Lousy self-esteem?

So, we got off the bus. Ron wanted to walk. So, I put the grocery bag in the seat of the wheelchair (the store brand soda is very good), and pushed the chair, helping Ron balance with my right arm. He started acting angry. I said "I'm picking up some anger from you, but I assume it's not directed at me" and he blew up.

You can read the rest in my other post.

No comments: