Friday, May 7, 2010

"I Love Jesus"

Yesterday was pretty tame, as days go. I went to work, got the milk, threw out all the bad codes in the food machine, helped with sodas, checked snacks, and took out the 16 cubic foot rolling dumpster.

We went home afterwards, and then went to Starbucks. Our ride to Starbucks was pretty challenging: the driver was an African immigrant, with a very strong accent. Metrolift had contracted with a regular cab to take us to Starbucks. Ron got him started talking about Bible prophecy and he got really excited.

Pretty wild, going down a very busy road, with the driver yakking away and the vehicle weaving in and out of the other lanes! It wasn't our time yet! We made it there alive! If we went quick it might not be a bad way to go.

I have noticed, with some people, they will not take a Bible if I offer it to them, but if I leave it near the driver's seat they will "take" it. That's what I did yesterday.

I also had the very happy encounter of riding with one guy for a while, as I got in I tried to give him the "Healthy snack" - a small bottle of water, 1 ounce bag of peanuts, and a few sugarfree candies running around with a New Testament, etc. in a gallon ziplock bag. [it's funny - others are always talking about "My" ministry - but it's God's - and His ministry uses over a hundred ziplocks a month - thank God for Favorite Dollar]

"You already gave me a Bible" he said. Oh, good. I took out the Bible and gave it to him. Later on, he told me his teenage son is reading the Bible I gave him. I offered another one, but he said no thanks. I did give him "Where to Look in the New Testament".

From what I have heard, many of the Bibles I hand out make it into other hands. I think that is wonderful. A few days ago I had another passenger tell me "I'm already saved, but I'd love to give that (driver candy) to someone I'm meeting later!" Delighted!

Oh, and apparently, in spite of the peanuts, I have lost some bulk. My new capris were falling off at work yesterday. Fortunately I'd bought an "I love Jesus" scarf at the Dollar Store to tie on my backpack (well, I do love Him). I had to thread it through my belt loops and use it as a belt! Pretty funny!

Today, it's Burger King and then I donate blood. I had saved my receipt, so I plan to exchange my too-big 12's for a 10. I'll have 3 nice summery things for everyday use, and another light gray pair for time off.

Metrolift seats can be really dirty, so I prefer something a little longer in the summer. When I had the hives last summer, I spent at least a day wondering if I'd picked up some kind of infection from bare legs + dirty seat.

Not this year! Besides, I don't want to cause anyone issues. I don't see myself as "Hot" but seeing any bare thigh might get someone into trouble. You'll never see me running around in that horrible Middle East getup but I am happy to wear a longer bermuda short.

No comments: