Friday, May 21, 2010

Welcome to the machine

I got a call from the Blood Center yesterday. I suspect, now that they know they can get "components" from me, they will never have me do a regular donation again. They called, desperate for platelets. I am happy to oblige. By Wednesday I will be ready, and it doesn't take much out of me at all. Why not spend a day off on a machine, when I don't have a lot of spare cash anyway? I replace the platelets in a couple of days anyway - it takes a month to replace red blood cells.

Yesterday, after we got home, I took a good nap. I slept about 4 hours and woke up. Ron wanted to get the muscle relaxants. Chuck offered to help us run errands, and Ron stayed at home. We had a hot date at the fast food place after we dropped off Ron's prescription.

I finally figured out what is going on with my Walmart pharmacy. They send the order out to the warehouse to be filled. I had odd-looking bags with my name on them. Inside the bags were the mega-bottles I've grown to love.

It's an odd thing to say, but it would be torture to with-hold my pills. I told Ron, it's like only being able to see as long as I take them. He really liked the analogy. I got them all, 3 months worth for $90. Pretty good deal in my book. I worry "reform" will make them far less affordable one day.

Ron said I could spend $20 on myself. I spent less than that (I was at the Walmart). Since I had transportation, I got 10, two-liter bottles of generic soda. A 12--pack of the "good" soda; Cherry Cola Diet Rite. Some AA batteries for a dollar. I forget what else, but I had fun. I liked, that even slightly manic, I had no DESIRE to spend more. I was completely satisfied with my purchases.

Ron's Neurontin and Flexaril were ready, so I picked up all the pills - I looked like a drug addict's dream come true. Almost a dozen nice rattly bottles of medication.

I found some combo-packs of chips. I got a couple for work.

I had, literally, a shopping cart full of soda. I had a good time, paid up and came home.

I was really tired, so after I put everything up I went to bed around 5 PM. I woke up about 12 hours later. Headache. I took a nice hot shower hoping to relax it away.

I tried taking my lithium with a couple of hot dogs. I mean, it's meat. It should work. Meat or fruit always works for the lithium Even cheese works - if I eat an ounce or so.

Violent nausea. I had a rather pukey feeling ride to work. Ron was feeling a "call" to evangelize and was telling the driver all about Jesus. The driver is a pretty devout Muslim, but very nice and open to hearing what Ron said. I stocked everything, snacks weren't too bad.

I had another down vending machine; so I fixed it. Many times I just need to check a connection, reboot, and it's fine. Today, eating a bad bill apparently killed Snack 3. I removed the offender and rebooted. Happy now.

Ron wasn't bad... he was able to do all his stocking. He says the Flexaril really helped.

By the time we left my head was pretty bad. I told Ron I had to go home. I was miserable. I took a Phenergan and really wondered if I'd be able to keep it down. Fortunately, I did.

I went home and curled up in a ball with my ice bag, filled by Ron. I feel just completely exhausted.

Tomorrow will be a better day, even though I have to go back to work. I need to buy some candy, and then stock it.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am so glad i read this today ..you are so amazing you know!