Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I hate taking Ron to the hospital

God help me, I just dread it when Ron says he is having some kind of issue that may mean a trip to the hospital. I ask him if he's certain. I am discouraging about going to the hospital.

I just dread it. Not because I think he'll get worse and die, but I just hate the whole hospital routine. The automated IV pump alarms always going off every 3 minutes; the pulse oxygen thing that will never stay on his finger - more alarms. The endless medical history questions. Endless testing.

Occasionally, the "Nothing's wrong with you" speech that really pushes my button. If nothing was wrong, we would have stayed home. I've had doctors tell me "Peripheral Neuropathy as a result of taking Bactrim is extremely rare." Well, we're just LUCKY then. Trust me, within hours of taking Bactrim, it developed. It was sudden, acute, and severe.

The single time I ended up in the hospital, and the many times I went to the ER for severe migraines and abdominal pain issues, I was happy to take the cell phone and call Ron at home. I'm happy giving updates. Ron, though, is pretty messed up! I "always" stay with him if he's in the hospital.

I really hope we don't end up there tonight. Fortunately, a nice urgent care clinic right near work. If Ron doesn't improve/gets worse we will take him there.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I hope Ron is ok? you said he decreased his neuronton can he increase it again on his own and see if that works?

on a hospital note ..I agree I can not stand hosptials ..but last night I spent the evening there welcoming my new granddaughter

she is so beautiful and some badly needed joy in our world..that is for sure ..it has been a rough few years so this little girl surely brightens our world!

hope Ron is ok and maybe you could call his doctor?
or like you said do the Urgent Care thing and see if that is enough?
keep us posted
hugs to you Heather