Sunday, May 30, 2010

More Endless Fatigue - I want to leave a trail of Bibles everywhere I go

It's odd to complain about fatigue, I think, in the same breath as the word "Mania". I am. I'm manic, and utterly exhausted. The mania's well controlled, I can go hours by myself without talking to anyone, I'm listening to people, and I still have money left from this week's budget, AFTER the trip to Foodtown and Walmart.

Some of that goes to Ron: he bought me a Crock-pot today, and helped out with the purchase of Driver Candy. Our trips were an odd combination of hysterical pickups and excellent trips.

Our first ride, to Walmart, was over an hour late. He got a Bible, of course. I got Ron in the kiddie cart and off we went. I got, literally, ziplocks and the Crock-pot. Happily, it had been "Rollback"ed to $9 instead of the $11 they were asking. I'm cheap, and a clutterer. I am reluctant to add an appliance unless I'm certain I'll use it. Ron actually bought the toaster and the toaster oven. The only appliances I bought were the blender (when I was on a smoothie kick several years ago) and the Crock-pot.

I told Ron I needed to go to Walmart first; once I had the crock-pot in hand I would buy the slow-cooking meats. I've come to the conclusion, for me, it's an absolute necessity. Of course, since there's only 2 of us and a cat, the 2 quart works fine.

Ron prefers TV dinners; he praises my cooking and eats it on occasion, but prefers the simplicity of fixing his own TV dinner. He does eat the burritos regularly; I make them from scratch, wrap, and freeze them. He always has one thawing in the fridge and eats at least part of one every day. He has other frozen things I've cooked, but doesn't really eat them.

I had the Crock-pot. Yay. I had the ziplocks. Ron wanted the Banquet Chicken Fried Beef Steak Dinners. He tried one last night and loved it; it actually has a decent amount of nutrients. He also wanted "The Mexican", an "El Charrito Beef Enchilada" dinner, or two. We got them and went to checkout. Ron gave me his debit card; I told him I had "my" stuff up on the conveyor belt. He asked me how much it cost, I told him "About $10".

He told me to ring it all up together on the debit card. Yay! I got a bunless breakfast (egg, cheese, and bacon) and our ride arrived.

Ron had mentioned that perhaps we should take the bus to Foodtown. It wouldn't have been difficult. I understood he had been forced to cancel the Foodtown trip and we'd be taking the bus.

As I told a driver today "I want to leave a trail of Bibles and candy everywhere I go." He liked it and I did my best to live up to that. I like handing out things to other customers; one guy on the frozen dinner aisle was staring intently into the freezer case. He could hear Ron and I kidding around and I know he got a good look at Ron while I was reading off TV dinner titles.

I put Ron's stuff in the cart as the thanked me. Then God laid it on me to give this guy a Bible. He looked like a very angry, ignorant man. I always ask God to direct me, and "as ordered" I took out a certain Bible and put it into his cart. "I'd love to give you this!" I smiled and then left. He didn't throw it at me or yell, so I guess he'll keep it.

I handed out a bunch of stuff waiting in lines, to other customers. Handed out stuff to other passengers in the vehicles, and ALWAYS to the drivers.

We got home, a straight trip! Nice! I figured, like I said, that we would be taking the bus. Imagine my surprise, when, one cab in the driveway (our dropoff guy) another pulls up in the street! Surprise! Ron had FIXED the trips (Well, Metrolift did at Ron's request).

I put up the frozen in the freezer and off we went to Foodtown. I sat Ron down on "his" bench, "His" spot. I got my cart and candy and off I went. Veggies... not much that grabbed me. I do like the white pattypan squash so I got one, and I got some cucumbers because those are good anytime, and on sale.

I was primarily interested in the meat. I found a nice pot roast for about $5, purchased and insane quantity of cube steaks (I am a cube steak junkie and could happily eat one every night) for $9, and developed a massive craving for some pork neckbones.

Ron teases me because neckbones are considered food for poor, ignorant, country folk. When he tells the drivers I like neckbones, they always double-take. I found some great ones for $2. I snatched them like I was fighting for them and stuffed them in my cart.

I got the usual mind-boggling quantity of Diet Dr Pepper, a pastry for the driver, and a few miscellaneous things for Ron. His favorite part of the Foodtown outings - the bowl of fruit salad. As I put all my stuff on the conveyor belt, I saw the cab outside. EEek!

Amusingly, it was the guy who had dropped us off! I'd given him a Diet Dr Pepper, and he got to help load them all up! The pastry was a big hit, too. I can't imagine a life [grinning] where I'm not going around spoiling people rotten.

We came home and I eyeballed the food. I decided to make some green chili stew with the neckbones. If it's good, I'll post it. Ron's pretty excited and says it smells good.

I took a nap once I'd put up the food. Oh, I am so miserably queasy, dizzy, and tired right now. Just the thought of food is revolting.

I'm glad God is able to use me - He always gives me what I need when I'm out doing His work. I know it's Him, in me, that makes me strong.

No comments: