Friday, May 21, 2010

In God I trust

Today I got an approving nod from a man who read the "In God I trust" message on my t-shirt. I do, absolutely. I really believe my disabilities have been a gift; fostering complete dependence on God. Hell is being away from God.

This hasn't been an easy week; but I never have easy weeks. God took me down today with a migraine. My husband had to go to the hospital.

This world does not frighten me. It does not. God has carried me through the worst and smiled with me during the best.

Many people have well-kept homes. I don't. A lot of people think that God can be put into a little box labeled "My faith". My faith is everywhere in my life. Oh, it's at work. And look! I found some in my finances too! [grin] You get the idea.

My faith is my life. Sometimes my husband rants bitterly about God's "unfairness" and worries he'll cause me to lose my faith. Nope.

I can't imagine a life without a couple hundred New Testaments lying around my home, standing on the corner with my Free Bibles sign, and my routine of bagging up the Driver Candy. I can't imagine walking out of the house without a big sack of New Testaments and Driver Candy hanging off my shoulder. I can't imagine a life where everyone I meet doesn't know I'm with Jesus. I can't imagine a life without my Gospel Rap and Gospel Metal. My shoeboxes full of tracts, and praying over the candy as I bag it up.

I can't imagine a life without Prayer time, and Ron's inevitable interruption of same. The routines that focus on God and doing His will. Praying for good communication everyday, and the people who did me wrong. Getting up early to do it, and getting it in before bedtime no matter how late.

I like wondering what "my" missionary's up to, and wondering how fast that stack of "free" New Testaments I put out at work will vanish. I'm glad I'm with Jesus.

It really boggles me that He loves me and values time spent together. I always think God could do better than me. I feel like I'm the last-stringer, forgetting that God needs me absolutely the way I am.

It looks like God will have me handing out more Bibles on the corner. It's always an honor. I am sure He will put the dates, time, and quantity in my head. Earlier morning is better, otherwise I have competition from the "homeless and hungry" - ie the obese living in the residential hotels.

In God I trust. I wonder what He'll have me doing next.

No comments: