Sunday, May 30, 2010

Green Chili Stew

Ron has proclaimed the Green Chili Stew delicious. I was too queasy to eat.

Crockpot Green Chili Stew with Pork Neckbones
1.5-2 pounds pork neckbones
1, 15 oz can, tomatoes with peppers - medium hot (mild is good for the mild types)
3 T chopped and seeded Poblano or other mild pepper (optional if not a spicy person)
1 t chopped garlic, or 1 clove
1/4 t chili powder
1/8 t ground oregano
1/8 t ground cumin

I used a 2 quart crockpot. Put in the garlic, add the meat. Pour in the tomatoes and then add the peppers and spices to the top. Cook at least 6 hours (this could go up to 12, it had so much liquid) on Low heat.

You will know it's done when the meat falls off the bone. Remove bones (duh!) before serving.

Ron quote "I could eat this every week. Please tell me we have more." He was delighted to hear it makes about 3 cups cooked.

This would be good over rice if you eat it, lots of delicious broth.

3 comments:

Rachel Abugov said...

I'll try it, with chicken (I don't eat pork). Sounds real good. I'd like to try the meat as a topping for a taco salad type of meal.

Heidi said...

thanks for the recipe I love pork and love chile! I have to get some neckbones this week ..we are nothing but cold and rainy right now so a nice pot of green chile stew is just the ticket!

thanks Heather

Heather Knits said...

Thanks guys!

Rachel - I would use boneless chicken thighs.

Heidi, you have to come down to Houston if you are cold. You won't be, for long! :)