Monday, May 24, 2010

Quality

Once you read todays' other post, you'll know why I didn't get a good amount of sleep last night. As I lay in bed at 8-something last night, facing a 2-something wakeup, I asked God to please grant me a good quality of sleep. He is very gracious and always obliges. I may crash and get incredibly stupid right after work, but I generally manage well while I"m at work. God is good!

God obliged. I dropped off, got a decent quality of sleep, and woke up at my appointed time. I've figured out I feel "hungry" if I miss my God time so I always make time for Him.

I got up, did my time, and ate. Our ride was early, but I was ready. Ron often scolds me about "making the driver wait" but he's the slow one. I choose to laugh.

I guess that could be my whole life attitude: I choose to laugh.

We rode around and picked up a diabetic in horrible shape. She couldn't even walk. Yike. I thought long and hard about that when I was looking at the pastry case at Starbuck's. I figure God puts them into my life for a reason.

Speaking of God, I hardly handed anything out. It only takes one, though.

I got all the deliveries and did the heavy lifting for Ron. At this point and time, he realizes he needs me to do that for him. I don't mind. I can use the exercise. God has given me a strong, healthy, body. I respect it and appreciate it.

I did it all, snacks, food, soda, put up the deliveries after stocking them, etc. The machines looked great when we left. I really love what I do, I'm fortunate.

When our ride pulled up, I opened the front passenger side. I was taken aback. It looked DIFFERENT. Turns out it was one of the new, Toyota, cabs. It was very nice. The seats have more room, and even the middle back seat has a shoulder belt. What a great idea. I generally sit in the front passenger seat, and Ron sits behind me (easier to get out when we get home). I was very complimentarly, sincerely so, and the driver loved it.

Ron has said that some drivers get upset when he rides along, they like me that much. Nice! I want to shine God's love out on everyone.

It wasn't a straight trip, but we had a nice ride to the Starbucks. He even came back later and took us home! I took Ron to a takeout place next to the Starbucks. By the time we came in, they had my "steamer' fixed up and waiting on the counter.

Sometimes people wonder why "You pay so much for coffee". The way I see it, I'm not paying for coffee (which I hate anyway), I'm paying for them having my drink on the counter when they see me coming. :) We finished our drinks (without asking, I KNEW they would not be allowed in the very new vehicle), and went home.

I got a few things ready for tomorrow, and went to bed. I slept about 2 hours, catching up on last nights' missed sleep. I'm having my fun now, then I'll go out and mow. When I'm done, I have delicious raw meats in the fridge - I'll cook some up and eat them for dinner. Yum.

I love a nice chunk of meat for dinner. I plan to have a pork chop and a cube steak for dinner, along with some microwaved veggies.

No comments: