Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm getting manic

Oh, I'm getting manic. Thank God. I've got energy and enthusiasm in my life again. No more moping around - a dramatic weather shift, for you mental illness geeks, always seems to cycle me nicely. We've gotten dramatically hot and sunny.

I try to have a couple of projects in reserve, for manias. I like to do things, embark on projects. Last time, remember, I did the Big Bible Handout. I'll do another one, whenever God calls me to do it.

I can always stand to do some housework, dishes, picking up stuff, laundry. All good things to do, and almost impossible when I'm depressed.

I need to finish Where to Look in the New Testament - the flyer I plan to put into the New Testaments I hand out. I'll put it up here and feel free to print it up if you like it. That's a great project, especially considering that I need to get it reproduced, and I have a Day Out tomorrow.

I will be eating soon - with mealtime comes pilltime, and that will rein me in a bit. I don't have the "flight of ideas" aka - 50 million thoughts flying around in my head. I don't want to spend any more money than I did yesterday. This is fine.

Which leads me to my next project, the hunt for a decent sport bra. I was always pretty flat, and could get by with a basic cotton bra or sportbra. Thanks to the Risperdal, I am 2 cup sizes larger than I was. I have to carefully select my bra or I'll get "Popeyes". I even had to donate some of my v-necks 'cause I was getting 'Popeyes" at work. 1. I don't want my brother to stumble, and 2. I don't like guys gaping at my chest.

Being a "bigger" girl is not a blessing! I found some great, padded, underwire bras in my size - but they are a nice polyester satin. On a hot day, the last thing I want is satin! I want a nice wicking fabric, but apparently my new size is unusual. I was "lucky" to find what I did, for $8. I've been hunting for something I can wear while unloading a pallet of soda, or walking around in our hellish summer heat. Something that isn't going to give an eyeful of "nip" or have me bouncing all over like a stripper.

I have a fairly small band size, and a fairly large cup size. I have to remind myself I am that size now, and I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING. Either I am faced with cute, stretchy, tank top style that's going to show "nip" and allow more bounce than I'd like, or I find the perfect, padded, underwire, wicking fabric item... in a 40-cup or something 3 cup sizes too small. AGH.

I'm getting desperate enough that I intend to try a "trick" I read - buy a band size larger, and a cup size smaller. God knows they had plenty of THEM. Let's just hope I can find something or me and my underwire winter bra are going to spend a hot and miserable summer.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Hey Heather,
I am so sorry Low Carb friends was so ugly to you. They also ran away Ruth...Alaskan Laughter too.
I live with alcoholism too and it is tough. But..the good outweighs the bad.
I am glad to be able to still read your blog.
Take care of you.
Jean

Heather Knits said...

I knew I was in trouble when they modified the terms of service to "Don't share personal information" - that was my every post. Deleting my other blog to "punish" me just showed me I didn't need that stress. I mean, REALLY - I don't have enough?

((((hugs)))

Heidi said...

I know this place is spendy but the quality is great http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies.do?code=PMDT9&kwid=PMD and you can find all kinds of sizes and specifications for sport bras that wick and keep the popeyes down

one good bra makes a world of difference!

I wish they had not deleted your blog with out notice what a horrid thing to do to someone but you are right it was not worth the stress and I no longer visit that place either ...

I recieved three TOS violations when I did post ..one was for my husband trying to join with the same IP address can you believe it??? I tried to explain ..so I quit the board when they started banning people and just visit boards and blogs that I enjoy ..yours being right up there :)
take good care Heather and keep up the good work you are a role model for Bipolar just know that!