Thursday, February 17, 2022

Thursday morning

 I could still smell paint fumes, so I cracked a couple of windows (with screens) before I went to bed.  Of course I wasn't going to say that until after I locked the windows but I was OK.  I slept alright, woke up depressed.  

Ron's room looks great but it isn't "his" anymore.  That is a little hard to see.  I had some trouble getting started on the project but didn't think depression would hit me now that I'm finishing it.  Yet here I am.  

I'll be OK.  I love turquoise so I'm glad I picked that color.  Cobalt and navy are good accent colors.  I found some velvet pillow covers for $8 for two, will fit the Walmart pillow forms I got yesterday on my discount ($6 each).  Like I said I am not moving the bed in there until they are done with the door and closet.  More room to work.  

But I did sweep it this morning, I like the way it looks...I wish I could have fixed it up when Ron was alive but he would never let me do it.  Even when we had money he wouldn't.  So I just left it awful.  

It doesn't look like a place where someone died, now.  And, happily, the weather forecast was correct.  It rained early this morning but it looks pretty dry now.  So I won't get drenched or have to cough up $$ for a dry ride to work.  

One bus driver keeps telling me I need to wear the safety vest the whole time I am out there riding the vest, not just in low visibility.  He is quite adamant about it and seems like an otherwise reasonable man so I will be doing that today.  The roads are slick so a longer stopping distance...

It will be easy to do up the candy at my table, now.  I need to get dressed.  That's it for now.  I will leave this open and may post a little more before I go to work.  

It was nice doing up the candy at a table instead of having it lined up on the floor.  Halloween is going to be very easy.  Checking the weather for the week ahead it looks like rain on Monday morning when I have to work...not crazy about paying for a ride but I might have to do it.  Bad enough out there in the dark but the rain as well is just going to SUCK.  But things may change I'll keep an eye on it.  

A few times this last year I was not watching the weather forecast and ran into problems on the way to work.  OK, NOW I'm done.  

No comments: