Monday, February 7, 2022

My Friday Night!

 Ooooh.  I shouldn't have done it and can only praise God I did not buy the 4-pack.  What are you talking about, Heather?  I'll tell you.  

I slept OK woke up once but back to sleep, woke up feeling tired which is pretty normal for me.  I put my reusable shopping tote bags into my reusable work tote.  Ron always called my bag my "trunk".  When I was handing out full sized Bibles I had quite a heavy, large, bag let me tell you!  

So my ride came and I got to work, clocked in and did my thing.  I was assigned, at one point, the job of sticking clearance stickers on markdown clothing and saw some really nice poly'spandex tights.  I had been wanting some as they have a better slide.  

See I want to wear them to the thrift shop and try clothes on over them.  Cotton leggings catch on the pants and they don't work very well, I have often thought I needed a poly blend.  But would they still be there at the end of my shift?  People have gotten in trouble for stashing clearance merchandise "to buy later" so I wouldn't do that.  I don't believe in shopping on the clock, either.  I just figured I would find something suitable if that's what God wanted.  But I was a little anxious to get back to the rack.  

Well end of shift I found two, one in a 20 and one in a 16/18, for $5 each.  Normally almost $20 each so that was robbing the store!  I did!  Put them BOTH in my cart and them put some stuff on top so no one could take them!  😂  I am OK on cat food so I didn't go over there, cleaning stuff and paper goods also OK.  I don't want chips as I have no self control.  I did carefully look around and find some lemon shortbread cookies.  I wanted to try them with some lactose free milk.  

I have had milk issues since 2004 when I had a very bad bout of food poisoning that really should have put me in the hospital, but I couldn't control my bowels and didn't want to violate someone's vehicle.  Good old pride.  Anyway Ron brought me glasses of water and emptied my potty chair (he was very gracious about it and said he was just repaying my kindness to him after the accident), I was OK in a few days.  I mean, I could get out of bed, bathe (finally!) and hold water down, that was enough to get me started.  Total, I lost about 20 pounds I was that sick.  So at the end of it I couldn't do milk anymore.  Can do yogurt, hard cheese, cream.  So I think it is lactose.  But I miss milk, and if it is lactose I can get lactose free milk.  Which I did today.  I will try it tomorrow and that way if I have a bad result it's on my day off.  

I also got (later) some salad mix (organic, nice dark greens) and a huge bag of conventionally grown kale with a great sell by date.  I can steam that.  I got some canned food as well.  

I was concerned to see the store was almost out of rice.  If you like to think ahead you may want to stock up on frozen foods and non perishables like rice, etc.  We have all seen the abysmal state of the pasta aisle.  I think more of that is coming; be smart.  That is all.  

On that note I did get a little tuna as it is a protein I like, and a can of chili.  I am going to try it with rice.  [Edit: just the chili by itself, not the chili AND tuna]  Ron always said it was delicious like that and a college food staple.  Better than ramen.  I got some protein bars, I like those in my lunch.  I also got a bag of protein crisps.  18 grams of protein in that little bitty bag.  What a deal!  And they taste like cheese puffs!   Yum!  

And I have been violently nauseous ever since I ate them, 5 hours ago.  And I got the nicest roast chicken for dinner, lemon pepper even, it looked delicious.  Just the thought of eating anything makes me gag.  

Very frustrating, but I'm glad I didn't try this a day when I had to go back to work.  I do tend to do my food experimenting on my days off.  I will have to bag up my neckbones I can't eat them either.  

Oh, and I am doing an experiment on my hair, with promising results.  I am using far more conditioner than usual, and not rinsing as much after I apply it.  My aunt complimented my hair the day I started it and I have kept it up, my hair does look better.  So it's not totally fried, it's just hungry.  Today I bought a bottle of Fructis Sleek and Shine conditioner to go with the 2 in one shampoo.  That is something I did years ago when my hair was also very long, I would use a 2 in 1 shampoo, then apply conditioner to the ends.  I went farther up the shaft almost to my scalp this time, we will see how I look when it dries.  It feels nice.  I just want to look good and I admit I am a little vain about my hair.  I have nice waves in it and have never hated my hair, ever.  Been baffled at times but I don't hate it.  

Some bad news from my remodel guys the boss can't make it tomorrow.  He did say he might send a worker out to get started.  I told him my days off so he can work with that.   I am a little disappointed but I'll live.  I just want it done but I also want it done right.  

And I decided to make a little spa day of it.  I took my shower tonight, shaved my legs because I plan to wear shorts tomorrow if it's warm.  Life in Houston.  Anyway I used the good lotion on my legs, hands, and feet.  My feet were a little dry and starting to get cracked.  I may just put some lotion on them every night + socks for the duration.  I am used to having very oily skin and never, ever, needing lotion.  I can't remember ever using up a bottle of lotion.  I have found some of the basic Walmart generic lotions to be very good.  Scents can be difficult for me emotionally but one just smells like cocoa butter and the other one (white bottle) has no scent that I can find.  Perfect.  

I wonder if they still make the in shower body lotion.  That, I loved.  Great on feet in particular.  I baby my feet because I stand a lot at bus stops, walk a lot, and work on my feet every shift.  I need to baby them.  

I do wonder what I did to my arm.  It is black and blue near my wrist and I can't remember hitting it.  It's only a couple of square inches so I'm not too worried.  But it explains why my wrist hurts.  I did buy a cheap brace today to help with that and it was effective.  I also got some Icy Hot which didn't work as well for me as it did for Ron.  Oh, well.  I will hang onto it.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: