Friday, February 18, 2022

The fumes are kicking my butt

 It got down in the 30's last night so I had the window shut.  Headache this morning, I managed to beat it back.  Good, as I need to work today.  Today I make about $72 if I can get to work; now I can.  I may take a cab, though.  

I didn't get the pillow covers last night but Amazon swears I will get them today.  I'm not worried; but if I like them I will get another 2 pack.  They are only $7 for 2.  I love decorative pillows.  

The cats are good.  I had Ron's feather quilt on the bed last night and they like sleeping on it, smells like Dad and is warm.  It does have a little whiff of him, I am not going to wash it just yet.  I only have a pillow and one blanket that might smell like him still.  I think that is important for the cats.  

I put the whole house fan on.  I think I will just need to run it nonstop for a few days.  I am not crazy about running up my electric bill but I need to get these fumes out.  I can't open the window at night as it is going to be in the 30's.  That's not doable.  But I'll get it.  The room does look great so no complaints there.  

It does make me rethink the last part of the job: painting the doors and hanging a new door to the room.  Old door is really bad.  It closes, and it kept the cats out of the wall, but that's about it.  Ron fixed it with duct tape.  But I am worried about more paint fumes!  But I need to get this done while I can... so I will figure it out.  

I had bought a packet of fragrance I could have had added to the paint, I am so glad I did not.  If I am having trouble with this I can only imagine what that fragrance would have done!  But I feel like I can work now.  

My phone decided to do a security update this morning, took it's sweet time, but is updated now.  And I am still logged into the work app so happy about that, I completed my screening questions.  I have to do that every day if I want to work.  I log in and out, submit time off requests, and check my schedule in the app.  The long term employees have an old school plastic time card.  I do not, I have the app, on my phone.  Eventually the company wants everyone to have the app and use that for time management.  It is pretty easy but can log me out at inconvenient times, and then I can have trouble logging in again due to shaking hands.  

That said when I was redoing my Google account password it was very long, letters, numbers, punctuation, all the good stuff I am supposed to have in a password, I was able to type that in on two cell phones pretty easily so I have faith I am getting better at all this.  As a rule I just do not text that much I would rather talk on the phone.  I do text on occasion with my aunt but my Dad, for instance, can't text back due to hand tremor.  So I will just send him a "no reply needed" text or photo.  

My head does feel better but I am a little groggy, and I know I got enough sleep.  I put on a timer when I go to bed and I got 9 hours, not counting waking up in the middle of the night for a drink of water.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They have low VOC paints that don't have the fumes regular paints have. Just a tip if you ever have to paint again.

Heather Knits said...

The weird thing this same brand, 2 years ago, no problem. Only difference this year's paint was a satin finish vs semigloss. They must have reformulated. I will need to have more paint done (doors) but I will run the whole house fan for a day after and open windows if at all possible.