Monday, February 14, 2022

Doing OK for Valentine's

 I did a hot oil treatment today but I made some mistakes.  Don't get me wrong, I am still oiled 😂 up so I don't know for certain... but I applied it to dry hair.  I washed out the henna with a lightweight conditioner last night - only the conditioner.  As I read... I do a lot of reading on this stuff.  

I don't do a lot of beauty stuff but if I DIY at home I read up on it first.  So my hair looked OK this morning.  I had read olive oil was very good for ends.  So I put some "expired" olive oil I found in the pantry (I have a small pantry but the bottle was hidden), in a glass container and nuked it slightly until barely warm, put it on my ends up about 2-3 inches.  My hair is over a foot long, down to my waist.  So I had plenty of hair left.  I applied it to dry hair.  

Then I melted some coconut oil I also had for cooking.  I had a little olive oil left so I mixed them and applied it.  Put my hair in a clip and under a shower cap.  

Later I read I should have washed my hair with shampoo first and then applied it to wet, clean, hair.  Oops.  But that sounds like a pain: wash my hair, apply oil (not an easy process) and then wash it again all in one day.  Not exactly my idea of a good time.  We will see how this goes.  I plan to wash it out around 7 PM.  We will see.  The plan is to look fantastic when my aunt takes photos on Wednesday.  It has worked pretty well, I did get a little oil leaking down my neck but I wore my "junk" t shirt.  

I don't like burgundy.  So I bought a package of t shirts some time back, it was a 4 pack and I liked the other colors.  But one was burgundy.  So I use it for messy things like cleaning, cooking, henna treatments, and of course the hot oil treatment.  It is surprisingly unstained.  

At some point we sell a 4 pack of men's tshirts at work, in gray.  I would like to get a pack but not right now, I have plenty of 2xl tshirts.  For now I have plenty of shirts that work, for work.  Not slutty (good high neckline, loose enough, longer hem), so good to wear around people on the bus, work, etc.  

I also cleaned the kitchen a little and found a way to keep ALL my appliances on the counter.  It looks a lot better, and room for meal prep.  I do want to make a curry this week, with lentils and diced potatoes.  Now I have room for that.  

I need to find my pot...I keep meaning to look but I'm not convenient to it whenever I think of it.  Up I go to look.  I found the pot; can't find the lid.  I will need to rethink do I need a 4 quart stock pot now that I live alone.  It's a nice open pot but my storage is pretty limited... if I don't want it I can just put it out at the curb and someone will take it.  We have a lot of trash pickers.  

Speaking of trash I cleaned up some old packets of oatmeal I forgot about, out of the lower cabinet (hard to access), took it out and WELL there is a trash can full of mulched leaves and grass clippings.  Would have been GREAT for compost but I don't have the energy for it today.  I don't think I can dispose of stuff like that so I put the kitchen trash bag on top and kind of spread it around so it only looks like 😃 "normal" bagged trash.  My trash pickup guys are pretty awesome, they have taken a ton of stuff the last few years, debris from the remodel, all the home care stuff (holding nose), and of course all the "Ron's dead and I don't want his stuff, stuff".  Like that mattress... I'm surprised it didn't bite them!  So I want to look out for them...

Anyway I do need to think about it.  If I make, say lentils, curry, something like that I will probably not want to make a huge amount.  My goal is to have mostly raw or cooked meat in the freezer with a few TV meals.  I don't want to put a lot of leftovers in the freezer, I don't have room; just meat.  

So that means I need to 1.  Eat up the pot pies and TV dinners and 2. Buy/store/cook more meat.  I won't have room for a big pot of leftovers, so I'm thinking a smaller pot is probably (I have a smaller pot) will be better.  And of course I would get sick of eating the same damned thing no matter how delicious it was.  

And if it isn't delicious I can eat a smaller amount.  I am still trying to figure out meals here even one year out...I want to do more cooking because it is cheaper.  And it is satisfying to cook a good meal.  

I am going to go check the mail shortly greased up hair, shower cap, and sweats.  Pretty obvious I don't have a date tonight!  The cats are good about sleeping with me though so I don't feel too deprived.  I just mainly miss - and this is what I miss the most, just being able to pick up my phone and call him anytime, and he was always happy to hear from me.  I miss that a lot.  

Not sorry he is in Heaven, out of his "Broken POS body" as he called it.  But I miss him.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: