Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Day Out

 So my aunt came.  We went to look at tables.  The ones at Walmart seem a little flimsy.  I want something more rugged.  We plan to look at Ikea next week, maybe.  I got a few things, not much, more female supplies, a few things I had forgotten.  I also got some great cobalt blue plastic milk crates I can use to organize my table/desk.  I got 3 small black ones as well.  I can put the Scripture Booklets in them.  

We went to the import store next.  I used to go to an Indian import store on the bus or on paratransit with Ron, but back then (when times were better for a small business) the business was really struggling.  For instance, he would scratch out the sell by dates on his food.  Today it was a middle eastern import store but I figured (correctly) if Yemen, etc. was a big henna producer they liked henna in the Middle East as well.  And I was right, I found it almost immediately and the prices were 1/4 what I would have paid on Amazon.  I also got some curry powder, beans, and some cookies.  Then we went out to lunch.  After that the bakery.  It looked like they didn't have the cream puff things but she spotted them, they were actually making them as we watched.  So I got 3.  She got her concha.  

We came home and I put my stuff up, she had another look in Ron's room, and left.  My Dad is on the board of a charity and they are having a meeting tonight so I will talk to him later.  In the meantime I am doing a load of laundry.  I forgot to show my new leggings to my aunt today so I went ahead and washed them.  

I also had a problem with some jeans.  I had worn them outside in the rain last week and they got muddy on the cuff.  I washed them on normal, with my work vest.  I didn't want to overly agitate the work vest and ruin the embossed designs so I just did the normal cycle.  The mud did not wash out.  Normally my washer is very good.  So I think it was just the normal cycle wasn't enough for it.  This time I did not wash my vest (it is fine) and I did a soak, then washed it on heavy duty with 2 rinses.  That should do it.  

I also did up my pills for a week and a half (long story) and put tomorrow night's medication in my pill vial for tomorrow.  I have enough cash to pay for my rides, and some lunch money.  I need to bag up most of my chicken and freeze it tonight but I will do that after I talk to Dad.  I don't want the phone ringing when my hands are covered in chicken grease.  

I am still moderately queasy but I did get my medication on board and had a good lunch, most of a large chicken quesadilla.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: