Monday, February 14, 2022

Monday morning

 Well my hair still smells pretty green but it looks good, I think.  It is a little garish today but will settle down in a day or so.  That's just how henna works.  

Some photos:  





First photo is me in 2014.  Eight years ago.  I did my whole head.  Bottom one is me this morning.  You can see the color is starting to come in.  I will post much better photos Wednesday when my aunt is here, and the color should be 100% by then.  

When I slept I slept OK last night but I woke up a couple of times, last time at 5.  I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and did my Bible study, charged my tablet, did some laundry, went back to bed when I got tired.  I slept another hour or so and got up again, finished the laundry.  I just need to throw the white towels in the dryer and I am done.  I had a spill, some raspberry lemonade, a very lurid red color, all over my white tile floor, and used up a couple of towels mopping it.  Plus I had the henna towel (which came clean in the wash).  So I did that... now all done for a few days.  I have a lot less laundry than I did with Ron but still more than I honestly expected.  

One thing I like to do is have a towel in each "seating".  Chairs, loveseats, etc.  Because I lived with a guy who had some issues now and then, I wanted him to feel like it was OK to sit on the couch, he wouldn't "ruin" it, also cats who like the seating, and like puking in the seating...plus my uterus is winding down and I never know when I'm going to bleed these days.  All good reasons to have a towel.  So I bought a really nice $3 cobalt blue towel I plan to use in the chair, in Ron's room, when it's done.  That had to be washed, and while I was at it I did all the front room towels as well.  I don't want to sit on a dirty towel...So I had a load of those and the load of whites plus a load of regular clothes.  

I did get some laundry sanitizer yesterday and used a scoop with the clothes, because I ride the bus, often with people who are not bathing.  I work in a Walmart and exposed to everything.  So I would like that little extra boost.  At least during cold and flu season.  I don't want to bring something home on my clothes.  

The cats rely on me and I can't get sick.  I do wash my hands and change out of my clothes when I get home but not much more than that, aside from taking vitamins and all.  Trying to get enough sleep, hydrating, etc.  I get some exercise each time I take the bus walking.  I am active at work.  I bring intelligent, healthy, snacks.  God will protect me if it's His will but I'm going to be smart, too.  

Today I plan to maybe clean out the fridge and sit outside in the sun (promises to be nice, later).  It is a sunny day so I opened the blinds.  

That's it for now.    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, your hair looks great! I am looking
Forward to seeing the wed. Pictures.

I have been praying for you to have better sleep.

Take care.

Heather Knits said...

I am terrible at selfies. My aunt will have a much better photo tomorrow!

I fall asleep OK and go "under" pretty well, but wake up early and am good to go for a while. Like tonight. Up at 1:30 with a headache... tried to sleep until 3 and got up. Lemon pie did the trick though.

Good news I will be ready no matter how early the guys come to do the work! :)

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't you do the top of your head to? That's where all the gray is.

Heather Knits said...

It looks terrible next to my face. The Orange/red doesn't go with my "winter" complexion at all. Also this way roots are not an issue. I have plenty of time to wait for more energy to touch up the ponytail. I like having "the party in the back"

I honestly don't really care about the gray. I just wanted to do something interesting. An examination of my roots, around my face, reveals a lot more gray came in around when Ron died. If I cut it short (6 inches or less) I venture it would be all gray now. Again, I am OK with it. My birth mother went gray very early so I have expected this. I am just glad I also got her nice wavy hair as well.