Tuesday, February 1, 2022

"Earthquake Victims"

 I slept pretty well last night, did wake up one time but right back to sleep.  

My medication, all of it, is in at the pharmacy.  I will be picking it up today.  

Checking the weather, Thursday morning is going to be miserable (freezing, rain, high wind) so I will be taking a ride to work.  Just not a fan of freezing cold, sogginess, and wind.  Years ago Ron and I did not check the weather one day.  It had been a pretty mild day.  We got caught in a cold front, drenched, then freezing cold and strong gusty wind as we stood there soaked.  Ron could stand at this point, he stood in front of me to block the wind 💓 and we were both miserable.  Amazingly, we did not get sick.  All that to say no I would rather not repeat that if I can avoid it.  The store itself is cooler in the winter so I really don't need that.  

I am hoping I can work a new door into my plans.  For Ron's room, I mean.  The old door has seen better days.  Last time he did doors for $80 each, if a knob is $20 I can do that, I think.  I will ask.  He did say he could run and pick things up for me; he's not a stupid man, no car here obviously I don't drive for some reason.  

God has really sent wonderful people to help me, especially the last year.  That has been a gift.  

Ron used to talk about "Earthquake victims".  He worked in San Francisco so they had periodic safety drills.  Various people would be "earthquake victims" and lie on the floor, "I'm trapped under a filing cabinet"  "I have a head injury"  "I am burned from hot coffee"  and he had to go around and "help" them appropriately (ie not moving the back injury victim, helping the wheelchair user back into his wheelchair).  He used to say, sometimes, he felt like we were the earthquake victims and God would send people to help us.  He would say he wanted to take care of "it" whatever it was, on his own, but that's not what God wanted we had to need help, someone had to give it.  I have seen that a lot since Ron died.  Do I want to be the middle aged widow who needs help?  No, not really.  Am I glad God is sending awesome people?  Absolutely.  I am very glad I kept my contractor's phone number, for instance.  

But that's my life right now.  I do find it interesting He put me at Walmart.  

Anyway, that's it for now.  

No comments: