Tuesday, February 22, 2022

OK I am annoyed (a small vent)

 I have been pretty happy with #2.  A couple of people live there but they're quiet.  

Last night I was sitting in my chair.  They have their trash cans pretty close to where I keep my cans, maybe 12-15 feet apart.  There is no fence and I allowed the homeowner to cut down the hedge a few years ago.  

I heard him come out and throw trash in his can.  Then I heard him throw something in my can.  This morning I found a very LARGE bag of takeout waste in my can.  Not happy.  

I wouldn't care so much but they are lazy about taking out their trash, "forget" and then they have a full can to deal with the whole next week.  I am not letting them put their trash in my can because they are too lazy to take out their own trash (and they are not elderly or disabled, they are about half my age).  

I was pretty mad.  But I have decided to move my cans to the backyard.  They can't put stuff in my can if they can't access the can.  

I am sure they think it is "no big deal" but I found it very rude.  Off I go to move my recycle, I could see them putting their food trash in there if I don't move it now.  

Edit: I am really starting to think the Devil wants me to hate these people.  

I felt a little better so I took my trash out.  The big truck was parked in front of my house (the man's).  I left him plenty of room to get out and put my cans in my driveway.  Apparently he drove into them both, knocking them over, as he left.  Not happy about that.  So I put my cans at my preferred spot in front of the house.  He will have to get out and move them if he wants "his" spot tonight.  

Sigh.. now I am feeling convicted so I will go put them at the base of my driveway again.  

I looked at the takeout receipt, who pays $39 for two "rolls"?  What was that, some kind of sandwich?  Pretty expensive one at that.  I'm done.  

I saw one of them when I went out to move the can... not sorry I put the cans in reasonable spot now.  I feel a better person for it.  I don't have the energy for petty neighbor wars.  It seems to just be the one guy, he has been around about a year and most relationships don't last long anyway these days.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No good deed goes unpunished. I would never have told anyone they could park in front of my house. People suck and they will take advantage of you. Now you are stuck with having these two lazy a-holes parking in front of your house and knocking into your trash cans. I would tell them they can't park in front of your house anymore and the reason why.

Heather Knits said...

There's 3-4 of them actually.

It is just the guy in the monster truck acting like a butt and how long does the average love relationship last for a 20 something these days? Not very long. They have put small amounts of trash in my can before, I was OK with that because I generally don't make much. But knocking the cans over is new.

I almost wish I had all that horrid home care stuff, used diapers and such, in my can. The would never open it twice!