Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday morning

 I never know who's going to read this, once it's out there it is out there.  So I will stick to the facts.  

I got to work OK.  I was wearing my long underwear and wool socks, it was not fun traveling, but I did it.  I got to work and another employee was there.  I believe she has borderline personality disorder, she either loves me or hates me.  

At my store we don't always do the same job, this night I was assigned to cover a department she saw as "hers".  The boss was adamant and gave me a list of a few items to do in addition to keeping the department picked up.  I was given a cart full of returns to put back.  I started working.  I put up all the returns.  

I was supposed to cover the other employee's breaks and lunches and did so, then I took my lunch.  When I came back she had taken items off the shelf and filled up my return basket with them.  OK, it's like that.  It must have taken her the whole hour, there was a lot of stuff, but I put it all back without saying anything because she was looking for a fight.  By this point I had done the 2 primary things I was asked to do by the boss, in addition to keeping it picked up.  

I told her the store has a policy about the department closing at 9 PM.  She did not listen and had a line at about 10 minutes to 10, when she asked me to "cover because I have to go to the bathroom".  Both of us were off at 10, I knew she would cut and run the minute I took the keys, I also knew she had set it up so I would be stuck until well after 10 if I did take them, missing my ride home.  So I said no, I'm sorry, I have to go in a few minutes, that is why I told you about 9PM.  Then I walked off.  I went back to my department and I could hear her cursing.  

Also security has a policy about the keys, the person who takes them out is responsible for putting them back.  I would get in trouble if I did that.  

I had to set a boundary.  That is why the department closes at 9, so you have time to deal with the people in line before you're off shift at 10.  But all she could see was "sticking it to Heather, that old bitch who is mean and turns people away" (she was saying as much when she thought I didn't hear her).  She probably thought I would "have" 'to "help" if she created a jam but that was not my job anyway.  And if you waited until 9:50 to go to the bathroom you can wait another 5-10 minutes.  

She only works a couple nights a week.  I don't know why she even comes in.  She has money, she has been clear on that, she has a lot of jewelry that looks real.  It is just very difficult to work with her.  I don't have problems with the other ones.  

I do have problems with 2 employees who are very lazy, want to hide and play on their cell phones when they should be working, and do, if the boss isn't there, want to drag me into it...but this lady can be a lot.  

In addition to all that the app logged me out, and wouldn't let me sign in again.  I had to sign out for lunch at personnel.  Then I spent a good chunk of my lunch break trying to log back in, and finally did so.  It was a tough night!  

I came home and checked my messages, my aunt already has 2 offers on her house.  I am happy for her and sad for me, but all the grand kids are up there so of course she is going.  The weather will be a lot colder though.  

I talked to Mom and Dad a little before I went to bed.  I woke up in the middle of the night and got a drink of water, went back to bed.  Total I slept over 8 hours so that is good.  #6 still has work going on his covered patio thing he is building next to my bedroom.  

My cycle is behaving.  Today is day 2.  I generally have 2-3 heavy days and a couple of lighter ones.  Tomorrow is a short work day; I am getting a ride to work.  

My aunt saw my bank balance and transferred some money from Ron's account to me (she is executor) so I can pay to finish Ron's room, etc.  I decided to spend $20 of it on a nice warm ride to work today which also frees up HOURS I would have spent in travel time.  I probably should have prayed about it first.  

My cab driver was happy to get the phone call; and I can talk to him about tomorrow as well.  This is not a long work week for me, yesterday, tonight, Saturday and Sunday short days.  I am OK on people groceries although I might pick up some lentils and look at stock pots.  On the other hand I don't have freezer space if I did make a large dish.  So I will just look at a smaller sauce pan like I have in case I want to cook 2 things at once.  

I woke up with a headache which is fairly persistent.  I think I will try a shower.  It is cold in there so I am running the space heater for a minute first.  

Shower helped.  I've decided I am not going to worry about the co worker.  If she tries to get me in trouble by saying I didn't help her she will have to admit she was taking customers after closing.  And the boss is very firm on that.  My assigned area looked good when I left and the co worker did not have time to sabotage it on her way out.  That is all that matters.  The co worker was assigned a task she did not complete in her quest to "get" me so if anyone gets in trouble it will be her.  

Anyway it is a cold and miserable day, the heater is running, glad I have a way to work.  Spotty figured out he can go under the kitchen sink and enter a cabinet through an access area the plumbers cut a few years ago (inside).  He was having a lot of fun in there, I wonder how often he has done that.  I may look and see if we have those $5 cat beds still and put one in the cabinet.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew her house would sell really fast in this market.

Heather Knits said...

She is up to well over asking now...happy for her.