Monday, February 7, 2022

I went to bed early last night

 Work was OK, came home on the bus.  A coworker grabbed me for something I couldn't do anyway as I had logged out and delayed me enough that I missed the bus.  Not happy about that, then the second bus was late.  So I was almost an hour sitting out in front of the store AFTER I clocked out.  Ugh.  

But I will never have to pay for a new transmission.  Anyway got to the transit center and there's a drunk literally lying in the gutter drinking beer out of a paper bag.  Bad memories of Ron like that; it's disgusting.  I really have an issue with alcoholics.  The bus driver got out and called headquarters about it, apparently they told him to leave the guy so he did (wasn't the company's fault the guy is a drunk).  

Finally got my bus and got home.  My aunt, I kid you not, left Houston when I called her the first time, sitting outside the store.  The second time I called her I had just gotten off at the subdivision, and she was in WACO.  That is really sad.  But I like where I live and I like the store I am just not wild about the commute sometimes.  

But I do try to see it as my mission trip as I am handing out candy with Scripture booklets.  Oh, and a lady gave me a tract on the bus yesterday.  I said Thank You of course.  No candy though.  😂  It was a very nice, glossy, tract.  But I do reach out to my drivers, and nearly all of them take the candy with a booklet.  Some of them have told me they read the booklet and liked it.  I believe they were already believers but hopefully I can encourage.  

I did something to my wrist yesterday, it is a little creaky.  I am not going to file an injury claim it does not seem that bad.  I will buy a wrist brace today.  Get some icy hot.  Keep taking my ginger root and ibuprofen, that's about all they can do anyway.  I can obviously still type and I can work.  

So the work starts tomorrow I am excited for that.  It shouldn't take long as it is a small room (10x11) and the drywall work is really only on one wall with some minor repairs on 2 more walls.  Once that dries they can do the paint.  Once the paint is done they can do the flooring.  I have 3 days off next week so I should be able to definitely get it done by then.  I have all the supplies I needed.  

I was really tired yesterday so I called my parents, talked to them, ate some cheese and crackers, took my medication, and went to bed early.  I felt pretty good when I got up this morning so I think it was the right call.  That's what most people don't get about my life, I either have to pay for a ride or ride 2 hours one way.  Which also means crossing at least 1 very busy street.  Not crazy about that.  Coming to work I have to cross a very busy street as well.  Happily I have arranged it so I do both crossings at traffic lights even though it adds time on to my commute.  I would rather be safe.  

People aren't getting any more attentive, driving.  

My aunt is in Ft Worth this week but coming down again on Wednesday.  She is eager to see the room as am I!  

But first I have to get through work today.  That's it for now.  

No comments: