Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wednesday morning

 I slept OK but woke up at 4 AM and then the headache.  Headache wasn't too bad.  Trick was getting some pain killer down without irritating my stomach, which actually feels OK this morning.  I took 2 pepto pills with it and that seems to have done the trick, headache is crawling off.  I used my aunt's cocktail of one Advil + one Tylenol.  We agree the "3 aspirin" trick didn't work at all.  

I think she would be OK with me relating she has very bad chronic migraines and controlling them is important to her.  She is seeing a doctor.  Mine, happily, aren't that bad.  She has a really excellent doctor.  

The upset stomach affected some of my plans, mainly my plans to eat the roast chicken (I plan to freeze most of it, now) and to try the lactose free milk.  I don't want to take a chance it hits me the next day at work, so I will wait until Sunday for that (I have Monday off).  The milk is good until April.  If it works for me it will open a lot of doors so excited for that.  I used to have a lack of appetite on the Prozac I was given in my teens (I had horrific, suicidal, depressions), weighed about 120 pounds at five foot seven, and drank buckets of milk every day.  The milk basically kept me alive and I have missed just having a glass now and then for a snack.  I would eat dinner every night so I got my nutrition there (not a big dinner).  You could say it is a good argument for intermittent fasting.  

I ate some rice last night and my weight went up 2 pounds this morning, water weight, I am sure.  But I did find I put a large handful of chopped kale in with the rice and it cooked up very nicely.  That is an EASY way to get some nutrition.  If you eat rice you might try that.  I like rice with some veggies in it.  That is one thing I do have, a rice pot.  

Appliances: rice pot, blender, coffee pot, toaster oven (good for making a small pack of biscuits which are also really good with milk), crock pot, and electric kettle.  The counter gets a little crowded!  Especially when you factor in the microwave and dish drainer on the right side of the sink.  I had a built in microwave but it burned up some years back, Ron had a microwave down at counter level so he could use it and it still works so no rush.  And I am OK with counters, cabinets, and sink.  If I did anything I might paint it.  I thought red but my aunt said "Oh Heather" in a pained voice so I guess not?  😂  I did leave the house to her in my will so she has to live with my choices.  The orange room is bad enough!  You can take down all the purple curtains in my room but that orange is there to stay!  

Of course the house is a mess.  I thought Ron's room was pretty empty until I got to the closet.  So that is all over the house now, plus the bedding and bed, bed frame.  I will be glad when the work is done and I can put everything back!  

I need to take a shower and do my God Time, get some laundry started.  I was wearing my jacket at work one day during the cold snap, went into the bathroom and brushed up against the tampon trash can while I was in there so that's an automatic wash, with the Lysol Laundry Sanitizer if I still have some.  That is the germiest substance in the whole bathroom.  I have been wearing these sweats a while too.  You get the idea.  So that is probably one load.  

My aunt will probably be here around 1-2 PM.  So I have time it is only 8:30.  I also need to debone and bag up the chicken.  I plan to make bone broth with the carcass.  Why throw it away if I can get some good broth off it?  God knows I can stand to get all the nutrition.  The roast chicken is a good deal, we got a lot of meals out of that.  Ron loved it and it was a great way to get him some protein.  He always loved eating chicken.  So I picked one up after work.  It is nice to be able to shop 1 day a week after work and pick up what's needed.  And I am sure my aunt feels better knowing that.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: